Polite Working To Change Nfl’s Perception Formed At League’s Combine | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Polite Working To Change Nfl’s Perception Formed At League’s Combine

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Being a UF fan, I frequently browse the message boards and came across this article. It really amazes me in this day and age, especially with what is at stake, that this would still be happening. I guess it is a direct result of a kid that is identified as gifted athletically, being passed through the system, and never being held accountable. I wish him well, but I don't think this journey will have a happy ending.

190327_FloridaProDay2-696x464.jpg

Between now and April 25, Florida defensive end Jachai Polite has one main goal he’s chasing.

He’s determined to show NFL coaches, scouts and general managers who he really is, as a player and, maybe even more important, as a person.

“It’s my job to get them to know me,” Polite said at UF’s Pro Day on Wednesday. “I’ve just got to show them the real me.”

http://www.gatorsports.com/2019/03/...ge-nfls-perception-formed-at-leagues-combine/

Last edited:
I actually like Polite a lot. He definitely screwed up (especially in interviews) and I think his stock will tank. But he can rush the passer, he definitely needs to end up with a team that will put him in position to be successful because he’s somewhat limited (undersized, liability in run game). But I hope this process was humbling enough to help him get his **** together before getting into the NFL.

He’s actually from my hometown so I’ve followed him since highschool, he played for my schools rival team and I’m a gators fan also. And he massively overachieved for a 3 star recruit

I actually like Polite a lot. He definitely screwed up (especially in interviews) and I think his stock will tank. But he can rush the passer, he definitely needs to end up with a team that will put him in position to be successful because he’s somewhat limited (undersized, liability in run game). But I hope this process was humbling enough to help him get his **** together before getting into the NFL.

Me too, I like how he plays the game, he’s got real nice instincts..however, there is something going on in the nutrition and training Dept..

He’s underdeveloped from a musculature perspective, he actually was around 280 as a freshman def end..I don’t know what going on in his head but his physique is not where it should be."

Charles Harris 2.0, but with an attitude problem
don't want any part of him. Too short and undersized and disappointing combine numbers.

Considering what Grier and Flores are looking for in their layers i just dont think Polite is the type of player they are willing to draft.

He reminds me a lot of another gator DE who the Jags took at 3 overall. Took a while to develop, productive, questionable combine. I like Polite more than Fowler in terms of NFL success but that combine threw up huge red flags. We'll see how it plays out but he becomes a value pick in the 2nd and especially 3rd rounds.

Value is the name of the game imo and the fins are DESPERATE for edge guys ... I'm certainly not counting him out.

Back
Top Bottom