Votes: 13 54.2%
  • No Changes

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sherif

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I've been thinking that Wanny will make minimal changes in the starting Line up. Many coaches view an injury as no reason to lose your starting Job. I'll back up this by looking back at last year. Ogden, mistakes no lost job. Fiedler, mistakes no demtion. Chambers clearly more talented no promotion last year. Wanny's history in Chicago with playing musical QB has made him more risk averse to make any changes. This may be a positive or it may be a negative. So far it's been 50-50 for him and it's mostly worked to posting great records. Here are my picks for the final Roster:

QB-Fiedler, Lucas, Levick
RB-Williams, Minor, Henry, Edwards
FB-Konrad, Dyer
WR-Chambers, Gadsen, McKnight, Ward, Ogden, Baker
TE-Mayes, McDaniel, Weaver, Perry,
C-Ruddy, McKinney
LT-Smith, Nails,
LG-Dixon, Spriggs
RT-Wade,
RG-Perry, Searcy

LB-Thomas, Rodgers, Greenwood, Russell, Hendricks, Seaverns
DE-Taylor, Bowens, Williams, Ogunleye, Burnett
DT-Bowens, Chester, Hailey, Taylor
CB-Madison, Surtain, Fletcher, Green,
SS-Marion, Freeman, Wooden, McGarrahan
K/P-Mare, Royals

I believe McMichael will become the starting TE over Weaver. I don't see Mayes making the team.

Uhhh, if you mean McMichael then I'd say he'll definitely be starting at TE come opening day. I'm not even sure where Randall McDaniel is playing any more. :lol:

Originally posted by Expo88
Uhhh, if you mean McMichael then I'd say he'll definitely be starting at TE come opening day. I'm not even sure where Randall McDaniel is playing any more. :lol:

I thought I was the only one who noticed his error. :p

I guess there's no chance at Wahoo McDaniel will be our starting TE then? ;) Right that's supposed to be McMichael. Anyway, I've read that Mayes is continuing his comeback and is performing like a pro in practice. He trained hard and there's no way they'll let him go if he stays healthy.

Originally posted by Sherif
I guess there's no chance at Wahoo McDaniel will be our starting TE then? ;) Right that's supposed to be McMichael. Anyway, I've read that Mayes is continuing his comeback and is performing like a pro in practice. He trained hard and there's no way they'll let him go if he stays healthy.

I just don't see Mayes beating out Weaver and McMichael, but he could prove me wrong.

If Mayes remains healthy, I will say by end of preseason...he will be starting..weaver 2nd,, and McMicheals 3rd...McMicheals is getting his chance to shine now, because he has to prove more..But I'll said Mayes in the end..

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
If Mayes remains healthy, I will say by end of preseason...he will be starting..weaver 2nd,, and McMicheals 3rd...McMicheals is getting his chance to shine now, because he has to prove more..But I'll said Mayes in the end..

What kinda crack do you smoke?? Is it cheap??

For once I agree with 84. If anyone has to prove anything at TE it is Mayes. He has burned every bridge, and if he is going to stay on this team he has to light it up in preseason.

QB-Fiedler, Lucas, Levick
RB-Williams, Minor, Henry, Edwards
FB-Konrad, Dyer
WR-Chambers, Gadsen, McKnight, Ward, Simmons
TE-Weaver, McDaniel, Perry (LS)
C-Ruddy, McKinney
LT-Smith, Spriggs
LG-Dixon, Nails
RT-Wade, Searcy
RG-Perry, Andrews

LB-Thomas, Rodgers, Greenwood, Russell, Hendricks, Gaylon
DE-Taylor, Bowens, Williams, Ogunleye, Burnett
DT-Bowens, Chester, Hailey, Taylor
CB-Madison, Surtain, Fletcher, Green, Lowe
SS-Marion, Freeman, Wooden, McGarrahan
K/P-Mare, Royals

Scott Gaylon hasn't proven anything. Justin Seaverns will make this team. No Way Ogden doesn't make the team and they only keep 5 WR especially with the 2 starters being injury prone. The reason I have Simmons off is because he's only 5-10. I'll tell you what, If Simmons takes one the distance in pre season he may make the team. Other than that Wanny will keep the same punt returner. And as far as Lowe, D39, why are you in love with the rookie 5th round pick. He may be gone. And you've got them keeping 10 Offensive Linemen keeping Andrews and cutting Mayes. OK if thats what you think.

I was keeping 4 HBs over 4 TEs (including Perry) Simmons is 5'10" but he is built like a RB (used to be one). No in love w/Lowe but you need good STer and lots of extra CBs

I agree with just about every choice there Sherif. One area I question of course is O-line. The coaches seem very enamored of Troy Andrews and I wonder if they may find room for him at the expense of a TE. Injuries, even little bang ups may dictate some of these moves.

DNY I dont remember if Andrews made the team last year but when you get that far down on the depth chart they'll look for who can do more for the team. I believe Ogden, Baker, Simmons, are more likely to make it than keeping 10 OL. There are alot of calls for Mayes to get cut but not in a Norv offense we'll see what he can do in pre season. I've also sacraficed Draper. The main thing is Femi can't make the team or we'll suffer in special teams or goal line runs because his making the team would be at the expense of Scott McGarahan or Dyer or Seaverns.

Back
Top Bottom