Poll: At Season's End, How Much Will We Rue Having A 1St Rounder Stolen? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: At Season's End, How Much Will We Rue Having A 1St Rounder Stolen?

Poll: At Season's End, How Much Will We Rue Having A 1St Rounder Stolen?

• Total voters
I expect that pick to be somewhere in the mid to late 20’s. So while it would be nice to still have the pick. I’m not going to lose sleep over the fact they only have one first round pick instead of two.
Essentially it means the rebuild/building is over, now it’s just chipping away. To say,
so what it’s a possible late round pick is ridiculous. I prefer to have the picks, there’s still top talent in the backend of the first round.

It's gonna hurt, man. I wish I was as optimistic as most and assume SF shits the bed and the fins end up picking in the late 20's but I've been paying close attention to this team for too long. It doesn't typically end up as a best case scenario type of thing. Typically quite the opposite of that ... on steroids.

1st round is where difference makers are found and this team needs all the ammo it can get if it ever hopes to catch Buffalo and leave NE scratching at the gate. That's all I'll pile on this one.

If we win, who gives a **** about the pick. It will only matter if we emphatically suck again like we have in the past.

waterboy-we.gif

It’s fine to punish however it’s maybe the most extreme punishment in nfl history and they didn’t even get anything. Not like we signed Brady and Payton…
I thought taking the 1 was a bit severe, but they can appeal - I believe they lose that appeal, though.

The penalty in this type of situation should never be draft picks…it should be a hefty financial penalty and suspension or termination of ownership as is appropriate for the situation.

I am just curious how Brady and Payton get no punishment.

Didn't they violate the same rules?

What the NFL just did was told players they can violate this rule all they want. They can contact whoever and when ever they want.

However, if a an owner or GM entertains the call, they are the ones who get punished.

Brady and Payton should get the same financial and suspension punishment Ross got.

I guarantee you if Bosa is calling teams during the season, they aren't hanging up on him

It's how it goes when your bestie owns the competing division rival. Ross should've just gone for a rub and tug and Goddell would've let it go...

The penalty in this type of situation should never be draft picks…it should be a hefty financial penalty and suspension or termination of ownership as is appropriate for the situation.
Ya taking draft picks hurts the coaching staff, players, and fans far more than the owner. Take away his vote at meetings for a year or fine him a huge sum of money, but don’t punish the innocent.

also, someone remind me, what did the patriots lose for cheating….TWICE!

I am just curious how Brady and Payton get no punishment.

Didn't they violate the same rules?

What the NFL just did was told players they can violate this rule all they want. They can contact whoever and when ever they want.

However, if a an owner or GM entertains the call, they are the ones who get punished.

Brady and Payton should get the same financial and suspension punishment Ross got.

I guarantee you if Bosa is calling teams during the season, they aren't hanging up on him
They escaped punishment because the onus is on the team. Also, Peyton's agent was contacted not Payton himself from what I understand.

They cannot appeal and Ross has accepted the punishment already.
It is what it is. What's the benefit of beating it to death. Ross was dumb. The NFL was dumber regarding the hyper upgrade of a penalty versus the other going's on currently with other owners and players.

Back
Top Bottom