Poll: At Season's End, How Much Will We Rue Having A 1St Rounder Stolen? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: At Season's End, How Much Will We Rue Having A 1St Rounder Stolen?

Poll: At Season's End, How Much Will We Rue Having A 1St Rounder Stolen?

• Total voters
It is what it is. What's the benefit of beating it to death. Ross was dumb. The NFL was dumber regarding the hyper upgrade of a penalty versus the other going's on currently with other owners and players.
Way to inconsistent with penalties. Kraft has never been suspended for anything.......ever. I don't care if Ross is suspended but why has Syner and Jones escaped punishment?

Way to inconsistent with penalties. Kraft has never been suspended for anything.......ever. I don't care if Ross is suspended but why has Syner and Jones escaped punishment?
Because Ross doesn't have the same clout with the league that Kraft, Jones, and Snyder have. They can get away with more crap than Ross can.

Because Ross doesn't have the same clout with the league that Kraft, Jones, and Snyder have. They can get away with more crap than Ross can.
And that's what bothers me. It's like celebrities and government people getting nothing for committing crimes others pay heavily for. No way to run a league.

Synder's been called to testify in Congress along with Godell yet nothing.

And that's what bothers me. It's like celebrities and government people getting nothing for committing crimes others pay heavily for. No way to run a league.

Synder's been called to testify in Congress along with Godell yet nothing.
Oh I agree with you 100%. It's the good ole boys club and Ross isn't part of it. If Ross did what Snyder is accused of doing he would have already been found guilty and kicked out the league. It's all BS!

Last edited:
We did alright without a single pick of our own in this last draft. Not picking until round 3 and still coming away with 2 impact players and 2 more that could be eventually.

I believe in Tua, but I think people are lying to themselves trying to downplay this loss.

Even if you think Tua is a stud right now and have no worries, he’s still gotten hurt a few times. What if he simply gets hurt again? A second pick in the draft undoubtedly allows you to move up into QB range no matter how the order falls.

Well the 32nd pick is nearly a 2nd rounder, so I can live with it. Hey he got caught trying to find a way to win. He is not the brightest star in the sky but at least you know Ross is about winning at any cost. While I don't agree with everything he does, at least he isn't an owner that is just about making coin off of the fans. Ross is driven to find a way to earn a title before he dies no matter how much he has to spend or how creative he has to become. It sucks that we lose a draft pick but if it is the 32nd pick that we lose I am fine with it.
I mostly agree with you. At least Ross is looking to win. That's a good start for an owner. Most of what is done stadium-wise, fan experience, hiring of minorities etc. is top rate.

But Ross knows the rules. You can gauge the interest of a coach or a player without tampering. A conversation with the agents for Brady or Payton doesn't constitute tampering. I don't think anyway.

Play within the rules. A 1st and a 3rd pick is a steep price to pay.

SF will not be very good under Lance. I think he and Wilson are both going to be busts. So, SF's pick might just be a top 10. Trade it to a QB needy team for 2 firsts this year, and a 3rd next year. Problem solved :)

I went with Somewhat -never want to lose a 1st rounder even if it's late - I would have went with regardless - it's a 1st Rder and it stings - but I don't agree with the unfair part - I believe they deserved it as much as it sucks - I'm not a fan of but look at other people - they didn't get it as bad - they broke the rules - pay the price as much as it sucks! It's kind of like the Brittney Griner thing - what's this crap she's unfairly being held - BS - she broke the law - that's what happens - maybe not a great equivalent but you get the idea!

Well the 32nd pick is nearly a 2nd rounder, so I can live with it. Hey he got caught trying to find a way to win. He is not the brightest star in the sky but at least you know Ross is about winning at any cost. While I don't agree with everything he does, at least he isn't an owner that is just about making coin off of the fans. Ross is driven to find a way to earn a title before he dies no matter how much he has to spend or how creative he has to become. It sucks that we lose a draft pick but if it is the 32nd pick that we lose I am fine with it.
That's kind of where I'm at - as much as it sucks - I'd rather that then sitting back waiting for stuff to happen - it just sucks we got caught basically -

We lost our draft QB insurance…unless the Niners collapse of course.

Free agency is still available though!

Can the team not appeal this decision? If it fails can the NFL not up the punishment and force Ross to sell the team? I think its worth a go.

We had two, now we have one.

If a team is willing to trade there are always ways to get it done. Losing a pick won't prevent us from dealing if necessary, you're just looking at future picks in that case.

If a team is picking lets just say #6 overall, they aren't making the decision based on what year the pick is in. They are looking at their board and determining if moving down could be more advantageous long term. If they want to move, you can find the assets. If they don't want to, no reasonable amount of value is going to make them do it.

Having 2 firsts would have been nice, but at the end of the day we still have one. We aren't at any sort of disadvantage compared to the rest of the league.

So I'd say minimally.

I haven’t read the first 5 pages of comments, so I hope I’m not being repetitive, but here’s my take on the situation:

- I LOVE how our players, coaches, and even our fans are dealing with this news. There’s just too much positivity and potential with this squad to allow ourselves to get bogged down in the negativity. Don’t get me wrong, it will be a WONDERFUL day when this franchise is out from under the idiocy of Ross&Beal but there FINALLY seems to be a foundation being laid that insulates out on the field product from the ineptitude of our ownership.

- One of Grier’s strengths as a GM has been his ability to acquire picks. Now that he knows we’re out a 1st and 3rd, he’s got some time to decide how he wants to attack that. If Tua has the strong season most of us think he’ll have, it becomes less important. Plus, what if the 9ers take a step back while breaking in a new starting QB? Hopefully, Tua shows out and the 9er pick is higher than anticipated. In that scenario, it wouldn’t be too hard for Miami to trade down and recoup the 1st rounder taken from us.

Back
Top Bottom