Poll: Best Case Scenario: Murray Now, Wait For Tua In 2020...or Lawrence In 2021? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: Best Case Scenario: Murray Now, Wait For Tua In 2020...or Lawrence In 2021?

Poll: Best Case Scenario: Draft Murray Now, Wait for Tua In 2020...or Lawrence in 2021?

• Total voters
Murray is the pick if he falls to us if not you trade out of the first and take best available lineman

Oh man, you would have loved Dan Marino's performance in the '83 Cotton Bowl then. Based on that one game, he had no business being drafted at all.
I know I know. I’m not knocking the guy - the little college I watch I was hoping to see him tear it up.

I am of the opinion that picking Murray does not necessarily preclude you from taking Lawrence in 2021. I think it DOES take Tua out of the picture. But I feel fairly confident that Murray's height is the only thing that would keep him from being a potential franchise QB. And two years will be enough to know if he can overcome that.

That's also my mind set. There's a lot of variables and things have to play out a certain way, but there's the possibility of getting two of those QB's listed in the poll. It remains to be seen.

Me? I'm doing everything that I can to grab the Kyler Murray of today on my football team. The future is always uncertain and nothing is set in stone, so I'm doing everything in my power to grab the immediate known quatity of today, instead of pinning all my hope and plans on the unknown of the future. That's a prudent course of action.

Trevor Lawrence is a generational talent, and I love the kid, but an injury could strike and wash away the effervescent glow. Same thing with Tua Tagovailoa. There's still a lot of college football and games to be played, with nothing concrete. I don't envision either one of them falling far from grace (barring injury), but you never know.

Kyler is a dynamic playmaker, with a great arm and exceptional feet/quickness. He has great pocket presence, and can make back shoulder throws while also throwing his WR's to the open spot. I also really like his accuracy and velocity on the move. This is the kind of QB that the Dolphins have been sorely missing for a very long time.

I do understand the trepidation with his size and baseball looming around him, but Kyler Murray is a calculated gamble that I'd be willing to live with. If you strike out, then it's back to the drawing board. If you hit with Murray, well, the sky is the limit and the future will be very bright with the young signal caller on a rookie contract.

All in for Kyler Murray.

Ah, another one that misrepresents James as "injury prone." He's had two serious injuries that could happen to any player and one minor one that caused him to miss one game. It's flat out dishonest to act like he's "unreliable." Same with Sitton. Prior to a major injury that could happen to any player at any age, he had missed 8 games total in 9 years. If that's unreasonable, then your expectations are a fantasy. Not only must every player be ELITE or they can **** off, they must also be invincible ironmen. Cool plan. Better move on from Tunsil now as he's clearly shown incapable of being completely invincible.

Trent Williams: 30 years old and has missed games in all but 2 years.

I think you get a little more leeway when you're top 3 at your position and go to 7 straight pro bowls.. Not to mention he he still played in 83% of his games over a much longer period.

Tyron Smith: Oh, damn, he's missed 10 games in 8 years. Cowboys should move on.

Again. Another pro bowler. We all know these type of players get away with more than the average players. He has also only missed 10 games in 8 years and has been available 92% of his games. James has missed 18 in 5 years. Not exactly a good comparison.

Andrus Peat: missed 9 games in 4 seasons
Still better availability than James at 86%.

Jason Kelce: 31 year old elderly man who has missed 18 games in 8 years.

Still at 86% and arguably the best center in football.

Zack Martin: I think a lot of us wanted him on this team. He missed 2 games this season, so it looks like we dodged a bullet.

92% for this pro bowler. Not sure why you would bring him up.

Marshal Yanda: A 34 year old ancient who has missed 30 games in his career (about half of which was early on, you know, like James)

Another top player at his position who is at 84% and better availability than James.

Ali Marpet: missing 8 games in 4 years is completely unacceptable.
88%....I'll take that.

Lane Johnson (who will get paid more than James): Who doesn't like this guy? He's got that tough guy look everybody loves. Too bad it's all a facade as he's missed 12 games in 6 years. Hard pass.

84% for one of the best at his position. I would pay that man his money.

So maybe you've stumbled on to something. All of the players you mentioned (All Pro Bowlers except for Peat) have been available for a minimum of 84% of the games and I don't think they really have the moniker of injury prone. Heck, even Mike (bubble wrap) Pouncey who many consider injury prone, has played in 85% of his games. Maybe the threshold is 80%. Maybe you make allowances for All Pro's that you wouldn't make for inconsistent players and reward them with new, fat contracts.

I think you just set his value. Should be around top 14 at his position (Schwartz is 9th highest paid) . That seems to be worth about $6M per year with $8M guaranteed with inflation.

Tbh i don't expect none of these three will be successful in pro football. I might be wrong but i think we can and should find someone else like Russlle Wilson or Tom Brady. And we definitely should pick multiple QBs regardless of who we have.
But again, at this moment i don't like none of them. Lawrence might be the most favorite out of three but hes too young and we will have to see.

Back
Top Bottom