Poll: bigger impact: star rb or star wr? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: bigger impact: star rb or star wr?

who can have a bigger impact on a game?

• RB

Votes: 108 92.3%
  • WR

Votes: 9 7.7%

• Total voters
Rb. A wr needs a qb to get them the ball. A running back only needs a hole. Better odds makin a hole..even a small one..then a crappy qb getting the ball to the WR where he can have a nice run after catch.

All you need for a good RB is decent blocking. For a good WR you need a good line, QB, RB and another good WR to take some coverage away from you. Just my opinion.

What's better than both?

A RB who has hands better than a lot of WRs.

Who is that? Ronnie Brown.

i find it hard to argue there is anyone more valuable to an offense than a randy moss or terrell owens

thecoordinator said:
i find it hard to argue there is anyone more valuable to an offense than a randy moss or terrell owens
I don't... LaDainian Tomlinson

RBs with hands are invaluable.

thecoordinator said:

If they didn't have a QB to get them the ball, what good are they?

NJFINSFAN1 said:
If they didn't have a QB to get them the ball, what good are they?
Exactly. There is only one player (apart from the center) that touches the ball more than a RB every game and that is the QB.

tomilinson 26 carries 82 yards 0 TD vs jets in the playoffs. thats why i think wr is better. what are you going to do when the defense puts 8 and 9 guys in the box? teams double and tripple the moss's and owens and they still get theirs.

Yea, how good was TO with Garcia?

How good will Moss be with Gannon? Wait he's getting the boot. We'll see how many games Moss wins for the raiders.

thecoordinator said:

Randy had Daunte, and TO had McNabb.... I'll give you that Great WR + Great QB + Great OL > Great RB....

But that's 3 pieces as opposed to 1.

thecoordinator said:
tomilinson 26 carries 82 yards 0 TD vs jets in the playoffs. thats why i think wr is better. what are you going to do when the defense puts 8 and 9 guys in the box? teams double and tripple the moss's and owens and they still get theirs.
If a team puts 8 or 9 in the box then they can't defend the pass.

You started another thread like this earlier. I can only assume that you feel that Braylon would have been the better pick. To an extent I agree, I thought that there wasn't a player in the draft that could do as much for us as Mike Williams could. However, I had Ronnie as the guy that could the second most for us. They are the two players that could open up our O. Fortunately Saban and Linehan can use Ronnie to wear teams down. Feeley isn't bad and neither are Chambers or Booker.

Back
Top Bottom