Poll: If its gotta be Mora or Gailey, who do you want? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: If its gotta be Mora or Gailey, who do you want?

If it is down to these 2, which do you prefer?

• Total voters
:refuse: Neither...I'll just have to flip a coin I guess...wow, it landed on Mora...yippee

With talk of teams trying to add Jim Mora as a DC, and we already have a DC, exactly what does Mora bring to the team? That's not rhetorical, I want to like Mora but don't see the fit. Is he going to bring in a good OC?

For now it's Gailey.
Agreed.

Jim Mora Jr. has actually coached an NFC championship team. And he did not inherit that team, he knows how to put together a good team.

Please tell me you're kidding. Jim Mora Jr.'s first year as a coach was 2004, the year the Falcons went to the NFC Championship Game. That was the team he inherited. They proceeded to miss the play-offs in 2005, and didn't even finish at .500 this past year. So they got progressively worse each year.

I want Gailey. The last time he was on the coaching staff, he got the most out of an offense severely limited for talent, and the Dolphins made the play-offs both years. He made the play-offs both of the preceding two years as the Cowboys' head coach. And yeah, so he's been at the college level for five years.....he's taken Georgia Tech to five straight bowls, which has never happened in their history.

I'd rather stick my balls in a vice.

And yeah, so he's been at the college level for five years.....he's taken Georgia Tech to five straight bowls, which has never happened in their history

OK Class its finals time what have we learned about taking college coaches hmmm? Oh right Jimmy Johnson was an overrated piece of **** and Saban was a quitting lying hypocrite.

Some of the logic is just absurd.

Let's say Lovie Smith and Norv Turner are both available.

OOH OOH OOH!!!! I'd rather Norv because the offense needs the fixing and he's a better offensive mind! Yeah, that alone will make him the better head coach, overall!

:rolleyes2

Some of the logic is just absurd.

Let's say Lovie Smith and Norv Turner are both available.

OOH OOH OOH!!!! I'd rather Norv because the offense needs the fixing and he's a better offensive mind! Yeah, that alone will make him the better head coach, overall!

:rolleyes2
You know King you bring up Lovie Smith, he is only signed through the playoffs and that is it.

:lol:

Where is the neither option? Because I can't bring myself to vote for either of them.

That's where I am. I wish they would take a little more time to get more candidates into the picture. More may not be bad, but as a poster said, he made a comment about wanted to coach the (Wash) Huskies. I stable is he as a selection long term. I wasn't that impressed with Gailey as our OC. I felt our offense was average as our defense carried the team.

OK Class its finals time what have we learned about taking college coaches hmmm? Oh right Jimmy Johnson was an overrated piece of **** and Saban was a quitting lying hypocrite.

I won't defend Saban. I'm glad he's gone. But he never had any prior head-coaching experience in the NFL before Miami.

Okay, so Jimmy Johnson didn't bring Miami to the promised land. But he did build a pretty good defense, got Miami to the play-offs in three out of the four years he was here, and won a game in the play-offs two of those seasons. Yeah, I know, those aren't Lombardi numbers, but it's a lot better than what's happened around here the last five years. And let's not forget about his success in Dallas. Jimmy Johnson won championships at both the college and NFL level. Hard to call him just a college coach.

And Chan Gailey's prior four years in the NFL, 2 as a head coach in Dallas and 2 as OC in Miami, all produced play-off seasons.

So what do we know about Jim Mora Jr.? He inherited a team and took them to the NFC Championship game, and then they regressed the next two seasons, missing the play-offs both seasons.

I wouldn't say Gailey is my top choice (I don't know if I have a top choice), but I'd rather have him than Mora.

And let's not forget about his success in Dallas. Jimmy Johnson won championships at both the college and NFL level. Hard to call him just a college coach.

Ok My grandma could have coached those Dallas teams and won.

So what do we know about Jim Mora Jr.? He inherited a team and took them to the NFC Championship game, and then they regressed the next two seasons, missing the play-offs both seasons.

I wouldn't say Gailey is my top choice (I don't know if I have a top choice), but I'd rather have him than Mora.

I'd take Mora over Gailey why? Well the Falcons only have one good receiving threat and thats their TE. The only thing Vick is good at is running and spreading herpes their defense is inconisistent as all hell.

Whos' the blame on their lack of talent? Having a bad GM and Arthur Blank is one of the big 3 idiots of Football Ownership.

Mora would make a decent HC IMO.

I'm willing to give Mora his second chance........ I like what Gailey has to offer from an offensive standpoint but i prefer Mora who's a face of the organization type....

Back
Top Bottom