POLL: IF we sign Manning, who do you want with the first pick? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

POLL: IF we sign Manning, who do you want with the first pick?

Provided Manning is signed, who do you want with the 1st pick?

• Total voters

finomenal

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
It would be very tempting for me to grab an OL to protect Manning, but I think we should double down and get Tannehill if he's available. He's very green to the QB position, and sitting behind Peyton would benefit him greatly. The new CBA makes this doable; his contract would be very manageable. Yes, we need OL even more if Peyton is signed, but that can be had in other rounds and/or FA. Who would you take, whether staying at 8/9 or trading up/down?

I was going to go with QB, but Luck and RG3 will be gone, so I don't see anyone of great value being there at QB with the 8th overall pick. I would be cool with Weeden in the 2nd round or Osweiler in the 3rd. I would probably go with the best WR or O-lineman,,,,both of these things would help Manning right now. Then fill in the pieces after this, and also get top free agents at key spots.

Coples if we can get him. If you sign Manning and still have Matt Moore, roll with Devlin at #3 and draft some horses. You can get another #2 or 3 QB next draft.

Take the best pass rusher or O-linemen with our 1st pick. Unless Justin Blackmon drops in some miraculous way . . . .

Trade back, elite defensive player. Pick up extra second, take elite TE and Olineman

Still try and trade up to get RG3, imagine him sitting behind peyton for a few seasons. Scary

I put DE/OLB, but this poll is too generic.

It really really depends on who is still there when we pick.

If both Coples and Upshaw are gone when we pick, then OT or perhaps WR is the pick.

Would have to make it priority #1 to protect Peyton Manning. It might be a bit of a reach by maybe Martin at #1. He is a great prospect at LT, but swing him to RT and Peyton has that extra second or two which is an eternity in the NFL.

If and only if we signed manning, would I than be okay with another Ol with our first pick. otherwise I want coples or upshaw based on how I think the top ten will fall.....

I'd want the same thing if we didn't sign him. The Best available player

It would be very tempting for me to grab an OL to protect Manning, but I think we should double down and get Tannehill if he's available. He's very green to the QB position, and sitting behind Peyton would benefit him greatly. The new CBA makes this doable; his contract would be very manageable. Yes, we need OL even more if Peyton is signed, but that can be had in other rounds and/or FA. Who would you take, whether staying at 8/9 or trading up/down?

If we screw up and actually do that, it would be the worst draft move we will have made since passing on Drew Brees. Tannehill is not worth a pick in the top half of the 1st round, period. His stats were padded against the creampuffs on their schedule. 10 Ints and 4 fumbles in A&Ms 4 games against good teams this past season. Too many teams are drinking the hype kool-aid on him. If we get Manning, you take that opportunity to build our O-Line up for the future. You want to take a Qb later in the draft? Fine. But not in the 1st round.

Back
Top Bottom