Poll: Record Needed For Flores To Be "coach Of The Year" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: Record Needed For Flores To Be "coach Of The Year"

Poll: Record Needed For Flores To Be "Coach Of The Year"

• Total voters
10-6 and make the playoffs would get him as a finalist for the award...

If he got 9-7 that would make him coach of the decade IN OUR EYES but there are going to be 31 other guys fighting for this prize next season too, so realize there are going to be other high performing coaches next year... 10-6 and playoffs with our garbage roster still doesn't guarantee him the award... and as someone above wisely mentioned, even when Sparano turned us around from 1-15 to 11-5 and brought the wildcat into play, he still didn't win the award.

10-6 + playoffs won't be a lock, but he may have a shot IFFFFFFFFFFFFF we overperformed by that type of margin.

You guys really seeing 9-10 wins with our talent on both lines?

I said 10-6, reaching playoffs, and winning one or more.

10-6, because nobody is expecting much from Miami, so winning 10 puts him on their radar.

There are still going to be one, two or three teams that win at least 12 or more games, so Miami would on top of winning 10, need to also get in the playoffs.

If a team wins 12 or more, gets in the payoffs, and reaches the SB (Not wins, just reaches).

If the 12 or more win team wins the SB, then the only sure fire way Flores gets coach of the year is reach the SB and win it, because reaching SB but losing to this 12+ win team would only help the coach of the 12+ win team.

So many variables outside of his, or the team's control.

He could win 11 and not get it, depending on what other teams do.

By the same token, he could win 8 and get it if we start 0-8 and then rip off 8 wins to close the season.

You never know with those things.

Hard to say.

I’m liking the idea of a hardass coach. I think he’ll get the team moving together.

But lots of penalties, lots of mistakes the other day....

I think we have the talent to do well. I’m hoping we have the coaches to get the most from the players.

But all that TNT stuff, while very true, has a ways to go. How do you screw up a snap count in a scrimmage at home against your own guys? Multiple times? How bad will it be against another team when it’s for real?

A playoff berth despite whatever record gets us in when Vegas has us at 3.5 (if thats correct) should automatically put him at the very least top 3 in the running.

I can only imagne what kind of extraordinary scheming/coaching goes into getting this team into the playoffs. I mean, fellas, how in da helllll are we going to generate a pass rush with our current personnel upfront?

We may be homers but, the playoffs? After all of the turnaround? Wow.

I think he’d have to make it to the second round of the playoffs or win the division. Even though the expectations are lower than last year, we still went 7-9. Flores wouldn’t benefit from getting that huge swing in wins like Nagy last year or McVay the year prior. Realistically, we could only tack on 2 or 3 more Ws from 2018, best case scenario. So We’d have to make a little noise in the playoffs for Flores to take it home. Just my two cents

Back
Top Bottom