poll - should we make a supp draft pick? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

poll - should we make a supp draft pick?

should we make a supplemental draft pick?

• yes

Votes: 81 69.8%
  • no

Votes: 35 30.2%

• Total voters

thecoordinator

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
what do you guys think? it seems as though we are looking hard at the DT from USC, but what round pick would we have to go ahead and get him at in the supplemental draft before someone else does? as you know, we will lose that round pick in next year's draft.

Yes, i think that we need to get Manuel Wright. Wright would be a perfect NT for us in the 3-4 sheme, plus he is young. Our main DT's are old or injured at the moment and it wouldnt hurt to give up a pick for this guy. I think that we should put a 3rd for him.

hes like 6ft 6 340 isnt he. thats incredible and apparently hes an athlete also, but thats pretty much all i know about him...id be all for it

claytonAndDuper said:
hes like 6ft 6 340 isnt he. thats incredible and apparently hes an athlete also, but thats pretty much all i know about him...id be all for it
He's 6'6" 320lbs with a 4.8 40 time. :eek:

well we build through the draft, but if we pick him up we will be short a draft pick at the end of this season. Since picks seem so hard to come by for the phins then that part of me says no. I voted no.

Yeah. We are desperate for a young, athletic DT.

This would knock out a need for next year.

I doubt we would find a better DT in next year's draft in the 3rd round.

Wright would probably raise his stock this year by being the man on the D-line and get picked in the late 1st or 2nd.

We'd get a steal by taking him in the 3rd in the supp. draft. I'm all for it.

I would take him if it costs no higher than a third. I don't really know much about the guy though. But it seems people here are high on the guy.

i was just thinking...for the past 5+ years ive been scared as hell with wannyman and spielstedt making these kinds of decisions. i know nothing about wright so i have no idea on this one, but im not worried in the least b/c i think nick is a pro's pro and he'll make the "wright" call.

I voted no. I just feel like we would be settling by pickin MW. I dont want to make a desperation pick just because we need one now. we are rebuilding and have to have patience. This kid is extremely athletic and seems to have great physical tools but isnt smart and very inexperienced. Sabans scheme is a complex one and there is alot to know. I know DL is one of the easiest in terms of playbook but still. You never know what might still be available in next years draft by the time we would have been picking. Example... Will Poole and Channing Crowder. They fell to us and were great value. Does anyone feel the same way?

Nasty

thecoordinator said:
i was just thinking...for the past 5+ years ive been scared as hell with wannyman and spielstedt making these kinds of decisions. i know nothing about wright so i have no idea on this one, but im not worried in the least b/c i think nick is a pro's pro and he'll make the "wright" call.

No, see, that's different. Wanny and Spielman gave away future draft picks for veteran, over-the-hill players.

This would be taking a player who could raise his stock to a late 1st rounder or 2nd rounder this year, and we'd be giving up a 3rd rounder for him.

He's huge and real athletic. We need to do it.

awing_pilot said:
well we build through the draft, but if we pick him up we will be short a draft pick at the end of this season. Since picks seem so hard to come by for the phins then that part of me says no. I voted no.

But in this situation we would spend a pick to adress a need, that won't be needed to be adressed at next draft.
To me it's a matter of "when to use your pick". now or next year?
I say yes.

FinNasty23 said:
I voted no. I just feel like we would be settling by pickin MW. I dont want to make a desperation pick just because we need one now. we are rebuilding and have to have patience. This kid is extremely athletic and seems to have great physical tools but isnt smart and very inexperienced. Sabans scheme is a complex one and there is alot to know. I know DL is one of the easiest in terms of playbook but still. You never know what might still be available in next years draft by the time we would have been picking. Example... Will Poole and Channing Crowder. They fell to us and were great value. Does anyone feel the same way?

Nasty

You don't exactly have to be a rocket scientist to play NT. I have absolutely no problem taking some1 in the supp... but i would only use picks 4-7. First day picks are very valuable and without a full first day in the draft it hampers your whole draft philosophy.

when is the supp. draft? should be real soon?

awing_pilot said:
You can't think of trading a pick for a player, you have to think of it as drafting a player. We would basically be drafting him next draft, but he plays for us this year, if that makes any sense.

I am just sure that we will be able to find some better value for the pick that we will use for MW in next years draft. Someone always slips... like I said with Poole and Crowder. 2 great examples. This kid is an athlete and all, but I feel it is more like settling just to fill a need, and I am in no hurry to fill every need on this team.

Nasty

Back
Top Bottom