Poll: Tannehill’s Favorite Target This Year | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: Tannehill’s Favorite Target This Year

Who will by Ryan Tannehills favorite target this year?

• Total voters
I voted Gesicki, a big body like that should be easy for Tannehill to get the ball to.

I think it'll be Wilson and Gesicki will be second. Wilson is more like Landry was and I think Gase favors play calling that targets the short/middle passing game.

Good question. Likely someone in the slot, for number of targets. I voted Gesicki, but it's not likely he get the most catches.

If we're talking touchdowns, I'd say Gesicki and Stills. I think Stills had nine his last year with Tannehill.

If it's NOT Parker, the season will be in the dumps. I promise you that.

Because every other receiver on this roster needs to be schemed open.

Umm... what's that?

mike-gesicki-2016-01319d128c46228d.jpg

Parker and stills need to be "schemed" open? Yeah :thumbsup

I didn’t vote for him, but don’t sleep on Grant. He was the most exciting WR we had on the field end of the season. I think if given a fair chance he win the #3 wr spot. He knows the offense, knows Ryan, and can go to the house every play. I was shocked by his ability to break tackles last year, and his ability to go up and get passes. If he gets half of Jarvis’ targets he could pop 1000 yards. I think Wilson vs Grant in training camp will be the battle in most interested in.

I am not so sure Landry was ever RT's favorite target. You don't go into a play hoping to throw a 7 yard pass and hope your WR can turn into a 1st down. You accept that option as a last resort.

It's a tough call for me because I can see anyone of Parker, Grant, Stills or Gesicki being the top producer. I think given the various skill sets Ryan is going to rely on different guys to do different things.

No one should be surprised if Devante Parker explodes and becomes close to what we had hoped when we drafted him 14th overall. At the same time no one should be surprised if by season's end he's phased out of the offense after turning into JAG or being ineffective due to injury.

I can see Stills' consistency as a deep threat being RT's primary focus.

I can see Grant's ability to score from anywhere on the field at any given moment drawing 17's attention when he's scrambling around looking to heave a ball 60 yards.

I voted for Gesicki because it's the change in the offense we need to see.

I'm hoping for a QB/TE relationship that resembles Jason Witten & Tony Romo (eventually) BUT I think we will see the ball spread around very evenly this year.

I think Wilson will get the majority of the snaps between him and Amendola. He got the big contract so they will get him on the field. Amendola should be a backup and if you look at his injury history, that makes the most sense. I can see him coming in late in games with an increased snap count to spell Wilson and others. Maybe 70 targets for wilson and 45 for Ammendola?

I also see a pass heavy offense using the pass to set up the run. Lots of varied formations and match-up oriented schemes.

Tannehill was on pace for his lowest attempts per game in 2016 with 475. I think we will see that number increase a bit to around 520.

I also see better protection this year than Tannehill has ever had assuming Kilgore can adequately replace Pouncey. Hopefully that will translate to more deep passing as we saw RT17 really excel in this area in 2016.

So many targets this year with more than 10 skill players to spread the ball around to....

PRIMARY (targets)

Parker 95
Stills 90
Wilson 70
Drake 50
Gesicki 65

SECONDARY

Amendola 45
Gore 30
Ballage 20
Grant 25
Smyth 25

it's really hard to find one.

DVP hasn't proven anything yet. Would love to see him break out, but been saying that every year since we drafted him.

I have a feeling Amendola won't make it through the year. He'll start strong, but finish hurt.

Gesicki will be too green. He'll flash at times but will also struggle the first half of the season.

Wilson and Grant are wild cards here. Would like to see one of them step up.

The only one with really good chemistry is Stills. Would love to see the deep connection pick up where it left off in 2016. I think Kenny leads the team in yards and TD's.

4 out of the past 5 years we threw the ball
602-588-595-594 and the low of 2016 with 477 passes

That 477 is an illusion since we worked the shat out of Jai Ajayi
and company that season with over 400 rushing attempts

Expect to be close to 600 passing attempts like 4 out of the past 5 seasons

Seen some stat about Wilson being one of the quickest to get open so expect to see plenty of short passes schemed out to him if that is the case. What has gotten lost in recent times is that Tannehill throws a good back shoulder ball something that I would like to see brought back into the offense with Parker and Gesicki, that and a willingness to go off script and just throw 50:50 balls to these two every now and then.

Back
Top Bottom