• Saban, I like the direction this team is headed in

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Wanny- I'll take honor and integrity over "skill"

Votes: 29 74.4%

• Total voters

Bumrush

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
As much as we all hated Wanny, he was a man of character that was limited by his subpar coaching skills and bad luck. At the end of the day he brought legitimacy back to the Dolphins by mending the broken relationship that JJ had forged on Shula, he took us to the playoffs his first two years and wasn't afraid to take a gamble on the brilliant (yet troubled) Ricky Williams.

Wanny was a good person, a true coach that meant well but wasn't quite good enough to take us to the next level. The draft blunders killed us, but then again we never had top 3 draft picks..

Saban on the other hand was a control freak, a liar, aggressive with the media and fans, a flopper when it came it to draft picks and as we can see a traitor. I'd take a Wanny led 8-8 team anyday over this pr%ck and long for the days of the Dolphins being a franchise led by honorable men like Shula.

As evaluated, by record, Wanny clearly had more "Skill" as well.

I'll take Wanny just because Miami made the playoffs when he was coach.

Well atleast he left now and not at the start of next season like ricky did.Im not sure Saban had what it takes to coach at the pro level anyway.Better now then later.

We had it good with Norv as our OC, and Bates as our DC..........wanny really wasnt that bad, at least he loved Miami like we do, and cared, and wanted to win.

Flopper at draft picks? You do realize you're talking about the incomparable duo of Wanny and Spielman, who, at last look, had something to the effect of 4 of their draft picks still playing football. Do not talk about bad drafts when you're talking about the past two years, seeing as Roth, Brown, Evans, Hagan, and Rod Wright all look to be on this team for years to come. You wanna bring up Jason Allen's limited playing time? I'll raise you Eddie F'n Moore. I'll bring up Fletcher over Brees. I'll win everytime in this game.

The only reason why Wanny was around for as long as he was is playoffs - pure and simple. It's so easy to ignore the problems of the future when you're winning today, and we're still hosed for horrible personnel decisions. I'm not exactly fond of Saban, but at least he had the integrity to leave this team when he felt he couldn't contribute to its success anymore.

Wanny. He is a good man who just isn't quite NFL head coach material. At least he pretty much went down with his ship. Saban deceived everyone and took the easy way out.

We had it good with Norv as our OC, and Bates as our DC..........wanny really wasnt that bad, at least he loved Miami like we do, and cared, and wanted to win.
Wanny was bad. But he was a nice guy to the players. Sometimes too nice. He was a bad coach that meant well. The only difference between Wanny and Saban is that Wanny was a nice guy that didnt walk away and leave us hanging...Saban is a bumb...

And I was all about Saban a few months ago, I screamed up and down that he wasnt leaving and that all this Alabama news was mere speculation...He fooled me, fooled fans, fooled the city and the organization...The only one he didnt fool was himself, he knew what he wanted all the long..So did Wanny, wanny knew he wanted to stay andcoach the Fins and in these terms, that makes wanny a far better fit fpr this team than a quiter...

(I cant believe I am sticking up for Wanny..I never thought this day would come :-)

I'd take Wanny over Loser/Liar Saban anyday, God I can't believe I'm saying this! Pardon me I have to go puke now, again.

I'm not exactly fond of Saban, but at least he had the integrity to leave this team when he felt he couldn't contribute to its success anymore.

Didn't Wanny do that? His record from 2000-2003 was 41-23, with two play-off appearances. He only had one truly bad season, and he resigned under fire half-way through it.

Final Proof

Obviously in retrospect, we jumped ship on Wanny far too fast.

Didn't Wanny do that? His record from 2000-2003 was 41-23, with two play-off appearances. He only had one truly bad season, and he resigned under fire half-way through it.

I think it was less out of integrity and more out of fear of his life. He knew what was coming, and he knew it was only going to get worse for a long, long, long time.

Flopper at draft picks? You do realize you're talking about the incomparable duo of Wanny and Spielman, who, at last look, had something to the effect of 4 of their draft picks still playing football. Do not talk about bad drafts when you're talking about the past two years, seeing as Roth, Brown, Evans, Hagan, and Rod Wright all look to be on this team for years to come. You wanna bring up Jason Allen's limited playing time? I'll raise you Eddie F'n Moore. I'll bring up Fletcher over Brees. I'll win everytime in this game.

The only reason why Wanny was around for as long as he was is playoffs - pure and simple. It's so easy to ignore the problems of the future when you're winning today, and we're still hosed for horrible personnel decisions. I'm not exactly fond of Saban, but at least he had the integrity to leave this team when he felt he couldn't contribute to its success anymore.[/quote]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had nothing to do with contributing...It had to do with nothing more than 4.5 millions reasons...If Saban had the least amount of integrity, he would have finished what he started, or at least attempted to

Wanny. He is a good man who just isn't quite NFL head coach material. At least he pretty much went down with his ship. Saban deceived everyone and took the easy way out.

Excellent point. He was a stand up guy. EMO just doesn't get it.

Wanny was bad. But he was a nice guy to the players. Sometimes too nice. He was a bad coach that meant well. The only difference between Wanny and Saban is that Wanny was a nice guy that didnt walk away and leave us hanging...Saban is a bumb...

And I was all about Saban a few months ago, I screamed up and down that he wasnt leaving and that all this Alabama news was mere speculation...He fooled me, fooled fans, fooled the city and the organization...The only one he didnt fool was himself, he knew what he wanted all the long..So did Wanny, wanny knew he wanted to stay andcoach the Fins and in these terms, that makes wanny a far better fit fpr this team than a quiter...

(I cant believe I am sticking up for Wanny..I never thought this day would come :-)
I feel the same way.Well put!

Back
Top Bottom