POLL: What are RGIII and Barkley's chances on being a franchise QB | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

POLL: What are RGIII and Barkley's chances on being a franchise QB

Chances of being a franchise QB?

• Barkley 100%

Votes: 17 13.1%
  • Barkley 80%

Votes: 50 38.5%
  • Barkley 50/50

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Barkley no chance in hell

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • RGIII 100%

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • RGIII 80

Votes: 16 12.3%
  • RGIII 50/50

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • RGIII no chance in hell

Votes: 5 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not watching any games really tonight, but flipping channels I saw that RGIII left the Baylor game in the first half with a head injury. Anyone know the severity?

If you think you know what your talking about. What makes Barkley a bad QB prospect? Dont feed the USC bull****. As a QB what does he do bad?

Don't mind if I do...

First off the USC QB thing isn't BS, its overwhelming evidence that QBs from that school have not faired well in the NFL. If 1's a blip and 2's a trend, then what's 6?

Barkley has not done well in 'big' games. This month vs. Oregon was the first big game he's won in his career.

But perhaps the biggest problem with Barkley is his attitude; he has an attitude similar to Leinart and Sanchez; something Palmer didn't have which is why he did "ok". Very similar to Clausen's attitude which is why he didn't pan out in Carolina. The guy is a pretty boy prima donna that will surely rub teammates the wrong way. Take a look at this article which does a pretty good job of breaking down some of the boneheaded **** he's said "http://draftace.com/blog/2011/11/18/could-matt-barkleys-loud-mouth-impact-his-draft-stock/

"Oh but he has all the tools!!!" Listen, being a successful QB in the NFL is about 70% intangibles, that's why Pennington was so successful with such pitiful arm strength and average athleticism. People have to want to follow you in to battle. No one will want to follow a ******** like Barkley into battle, sorry. It's a running theme with these USC QB's...a pampered college lifestyle, a strong belief that their **** doesn't stink, and a rough time coming to the realization upon entering the NFL that their **** does in fact stink.

I know you'll try to say this is a weak argument, but the evidence is overwhelming. **** Matt Barkley, he's a ***** *** pampered California boy and he is not a leader. In the NFL you need LEADERS!

Not watching any games really tonight, but flipping channels I saw that RGIII left the Baylor game in the first half with a head injury. Anyone know the severity?

They haven't said anything official yet, but the coaches said that they were more keeping him out for precautionary reasons since they already had a pretty good lead

Listen, there's a huge sample size of USC QBs enough of one to prove that they are generally unsuccessful in the NFL.

Palmer started his career off well, but if you guys are happy with a QB that can't win a playoff game, then fine. He's the best out of the whole bunch, and he is terrible, as he will continue to show with Oakland. Did you watch him play last year? This year? no zip on his passes, and not only does he throw a ton of picks, but he led the was second in the league in dropped interceptions last year....second only to who??? you guessed it another USC QB, Marky Sanchise. **** Trojan QBs, leave em in LA if you know what's good for ya.
So who you want us to draft a qb from oklahoma? oklahoma st? texas am?

So who you want us to draft a qb from oklahoma? oklahoma st? texas am?

Listen, I don't care what school the QB is from I want the best prospect NOT from USC. I just know what I've seen with USC QBs and it's pretty clear they aren't successful in the NFL.

The main thing I think we need is to find a QB who leads by example and will be the hardest worker on our team. That's the most important quality the QB we draft needs to have. That's why I'm glad we didn't draft Mallet, because that was the knock on him.

Listen, I don't care what school the QB is from I want the best prospect NOT from USC. I just know what I've seen with USC QBs and it's pretty clear they aren't successful in the NFL.

The main thing I think we need is to find a QB who leads by example and will be the hardest worker on our team. That's the most important quality the QB we draft needs to have. That's why I'm glad we didn't draft Mallet, because that was the knock on him.
Barkley 21/26 212 3tds in first half with 4 mins left id love to have him

Barkley isn't early draft-pick -worthy but Sparano's a good coach who needs to stay! Just another day in FH's Parallel Universe :idk:

Barkley isn't early draft-pick -worthy but Sparano's a good coach who needs to stay! Just another day in FH's Parallel Universe :idk:
Its the equivalent of before rodgers not drafting a california qb cuz all tedfords qbs suck in nfl

Its the equivalent of before rodgers not drafting a california qb cuz all tedfords qbs suck in nfl

I'll grant you the Tedford QB thing...but that's one of the main reasons Rodgers fell so far.

I'd argue that if Rodgers had come into a situation where he was picked early and he didn't have to sit behind a legend who was an ******* ot him he may not have been as good.

Plus the USC QB thing is much more of a mentality thing, not a skill thing.

Ditto being stupid to waste a mid first round pick on Jerry Rice since there've been no receivers coming out of Mississippi Valley State who warrant such a high selection.

Ditto being stupid to waste a mid first round pick on Jerry Rice since there've been no receivers coming out of Mississippi Valley State who warrant such a high selection.
Next thing you know hes gonna tell us to draft john brantley cuz tebow is 4-1 as starter

I'll grant you the Tedford QB thing...but that's one of the main reasons Rodgers fell so far.

I'd argue that if Rodgers had come into a situation where he was picked early and he didn't have to sit behind a legend who was an ******* ot him he may not have been as good.

Plus the USC QB thing is much more of a mentality thing, not a skill thing.

Not quite accurate considering Smith and Rodgers were 1A or 1B on about half the mock drafts, Rodgers was a top 8 pick by both Gosselin and Mayock, and that Rodgers wouldn't have been invited to sit embarrassed in the RC family room as long as he did if the league thought he was anything other than a top pick. The primary reason plain and simple why Rodgers fell was because the 3 knuckleheads who needed QBs, Nolan, Saban and Gruden (1,3, and 5) drafted incorrectly or either stood pat with journeyman Brian Griese or went out and signed another journeyman Gus Ferrotte. After all, if your school's only QB claim to fame is Scott Mitchell, since when does drafting a Utes QB breed confidence?

Oh HAHAHAH I see what you did there...

You picked a player, who is from a school with no precedent of successful players at their position; and tried to make my point sound silly by bringing it up.

Pure comedy my man, good job by YOU!!!

Except, that isn't the point I"m making at all; I'm not saying that for a player to be good there has to be good players that played at his position at his college previously.

I am simply stating that there is overwhelming evidence that USC QB's are almost always overhyped, and underperform in the NFL.

Oh and Matt Barkley couldn't sniff Jerry Rice's jock either. So please kindly GTFOOHWTBS

Back
Top Bottom