POLL: What are RGIII and Barkley's chances on being a franchise QB | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

POLL: What are RGIII and Barkley's chances on being a franchise QB

Chances of being a franchise QB?

• Barkley 100%

Votes: 17 13.1%
  • Barkley 80%

Votes: 50 38.5%
  • Barkley 50/50

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Barkley no chance in hell

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • RGIII 100%

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • RGIII 80

Votes: 16 12.3%
  • RGIII 50/50

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • RGIII no chance in hell

Votes: 5 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Watching this UCLA vs USC game right now. Barkley is completely ripping the Bruins a new one. 29/36 340 yards, 5 TDs.

Blow for Barkley? I dunno, our beloved fistpumpers just might win enough meaningless games to put us out of his reach too.

Not quite accurate considering Smith and Rodgers were 1A or 1B on about half the mock drafts, Rodgers was a top 8 pick by both Gosselin and Mayock, and that Rodgers wouldn't have been invited to sit embarrassed in the RC family room as long as he did if the league thought he was anything other than a top pick. The primary reason plain and simple why Rodgers fell was because the 3 knuckleheads who needed QBs, Nolan, Saban and Gruden (1,3, and 5) drafted incorrectly or either stood pat with journeyman Brian Griese or went out and signed another journeyman Gus Ferrotte. After all, if your school's only QB claim to fame is Scott Mitchell, since when does drafting a Utes QB breed confidence?

Teams weren't sold on Rodgers, and the Tedford connection was one of the reasons

Matt Barkley killing UCLA. 6th td.We are not getting him.
Somebody is gonna trade up for barkley he is too good.

Matt Barkley killing UCLA. 6th td.We are not getting him.
Somebody is gonna trade up for barkley he is too good.

Good let some other team waste picks and players on a Bust...6 touchdowns in a college game against a ****ty team don't translate to the NFL. Otherwise Case Keenum would be 1st pick

Good let some other team waste picks and players on a Bust...6 touchdowns in a college game against a ****ty team don't translate to the NFL. Otherwise Case Keenum would be 1st pick

Let some other team waste its time and energy on Tony.. any one coaching this level of talent who's gone 17-27 since the Ravens PO azz-kicking barely deserves to be any team's OL . He's long past being a disaster waiting to happen.

Let some other team waste its time and energy on Tony.. any one coaching this level of talent who's gone 17-27 since the Ravens PO azz-kicking barely deserves to be any team's OL . He's long past being a disaster waiting to happen.

28-31, and I guarentee he is at least 500 by the end of the season, why are you bringing up Sparano in this thread about the soon to be Bust Matt Barkley? Isn't that against the TOS or something??

28-31, and I guarentee he is at least 500 by the end of the season, why are you bringing up Sparano in this thread about the soon to be Bust Matt Barkley? Isn't that against the TOS or something??

r u telling me miami is gonna win 4 of its 5 games cause that is what it will take to be .500 .
and abt barkley only time will tell.

In a what have you done for me league, Chad Pennington's fluke season is ancient history. All that remains vivid is the humilating play off loss. Tony has sucked the last 2 years period! He's also thrown his players under the bus for poor execution while defending senile Henning's playcalling. Nuff said

And as far as violating TOS, if it were enforced to the letter, at this point you'd look pretty in pink and be posting in the Depths.

Don't mind if I do...

First off the USC QB thing isn't BS, its overwhelming evidence that QBs from that school have not faired well in the NFL. If 1's a blip and 2's a trend, then what's 6?

Barkley has not done well in 'big' games. This month vs. Oregon was the first big game he's won in his career.

But perhaps the biggest problem with Barkley is his attitude; he has an attitude similar to Leinart and Sanchez; something Palmer didn't have which is why he did "ok". Very similar to Clausen's attitude which is why he didn't pan out in Carolina. The guy is a pretty boy prima donna that will surely rub teammates the wrong way. Take a look at this article which does a pretty good job of breaking down some of the boneheaded **** he's said "http://draftace.com/blog/2011/11/18/could-matt-barkleys-loud-mouth-impact-his-draft-stock/

"Oh but he has all the tools!!!" Listen, being a successful QB in the NFL is about 70% intangibles, that's why Pennington was so successful with such pitiful arm strength and average athleticism. People have to want to follow you in to battle. No one will want to follow a ******** like Barkley into battle, sorry. It's a running theme with these USC QB's...a pampered college lifestyle, a strong belief that their **** doesn't stink, and a rough time coming to the realization upon entering the NFL that their **** does in fact stink.

I know you'll try to say this is a weak argument, but the evidence is overwhelming. **** Matt Barkley, he's a ***** *** pampered California boy and he is not a leader. In the NFL you need LEADERS!

Yeah, and Tedford QBs can never be good. There was overwhelming evidence!

How about this...I know its really hard for you to do this, but humor me and try...watch a USC game and judge Barkley on his own merits.

Oh HAHAHAH I see what you did there...

You picked a player, who is from a school with no precedent of successful players at their position; and tried to make my point sound silly by bringing it up.

Pure comedy my man, good job by YOU!!!

Except, that isn't the point I"m making at all; I'm not saying that for a player to be good there has to be good players that played at his position at his college previously.

I am simply stating that there is overwhelming evidence that USC QB's are almost always overhyped, and underperform in the NFL.

Oh and Matt Barkley couldn't sniff Jerry Rice's jock either. So please kindly GTFOOHWTBS

Did it ever even once occur to you that Barkley is considered a MUCH better prospect than Leinart? Or that Booty was never expected to do much? Or that Palmer was actually pretty damn good before the elbow injury? Or that Sanchez started for 1 year and isnt comparable at all to Barkley?

See, thats your ****ing problem. You refuse to see anything on a case by case basis. Thats why you cant see Sparano blows and lump him with every other coach that started slow and got better. Thats why you cant see Barkley as a different prospect than other USC QBs. Thats why you fail at posting.

I don't really like Robert Griffin. I've explained why many times. I feel like his concussion yesterday against Texas Tech is no coincidence, nor is his leg injury that caused him to miss a year. He's a rough and tumble guy that doesn't see the field well or operate well from inside the pocket and so you've got to run him and get him out of the pocket where he takes shot after shot after shot, and on his frame his body can't take it. You often see him fading in the 4th quarter because of the shots he's taken. You see him slow to get up all the time. It's scary. He might be 6'1" or 6'2" but it's not a solid 6'1" or 6'2" and his instincts don't match up to be the kind of guy that can be that size and get away with it because he's not getting hit.

Then you look at his pocket mechanics which are not at all natural or quick, they're creaky in the extreme, you can practically hear the gears squeaking and hydraulics releasing when you watch him operate back there. You could read a Tolstoy novel waiting for the ball to get out once he begins his delivery. His feet are way too wide in his stance, like a runner not a quarterback. That was a big difference between he and Cam Newton. Newton always had a passer's stance, stood real tall, surveying the field, maximizing his height and relying on his sudden explosion when he felt pressure. Griffin has this wide stance which minimizes his already questionable 6'1" or 6'2" frame. He does NOT see the field from inside the pocket at that height and with those mechanics.

He's a product of the system right now. Look at what Nick Florence did once Griffin got concussed. He came in there and led 35 points in the 2nd half, actually outperforming what Griffin did in the 1st half. They have very fast receivers and a nice wide open run-option system which creates these wide open windows. Kendall Wright is a superb receiver prospect.

If I thought he was trash I wouldn't draft him period, but that's not what I think. I'd draft him in the 3rd round based on his inherent, natural accuracy and sense of timing, as well as his ability to make something happen when the play is extended. I mean, you look at the play he made to end the Oklahoma game, that was RIDICULOUS. That throw, the idea he had to throw it where he threw it, letting the receiver make the adjustment...it was superb. You love that. But there's WAY too much getting in his way and he doesn't have the ridiculous physical qualities that people think he does. The pace he gets on the ball is inconsistent. He's fast but I wouldn't call him elusive, not the way I would call a Cam Newton elusive. He's short and skinny and takes a physical pounding, and can't really dish one out.

If you've got these creaky, ridiculous mechanics, coming from an offense that has very little translation to the NFL, you had better have enormous physical passing potential. Cam Newton was a rarity that way. I was not in any way naturally inclined to like a Cam Newton. If I was, I would have also loved Colin Kaepernick, but I didn't. Newton broke the mold. Robert Griffin does not. He's more of a Dennis Dixon, for me, or a shorter Colin Kaepernick.

On the other hand, I think Matt Barkley is a franchise quarterback. He's got the arm strength necessary to make all the throws. His mechanics are beyond reproach, and they lead to consistent accuracy and probably the best ball placement I've graded in a long time outside of Andrew Luck. He handles pressure very well and is getting better with each game which is kind of scary. He throws on the run very accurately because he's able to keep his balance and shoulders square, and use good leverage and mechanics. He can operate a number of offensive concepts without a problem and is able to see the defense after the snap. He's developed a reputation for being slow footed but he's actually getting quicker and more physically fit as he's gone on in his career, and you're seeing it on the field. You see what he did against Colorado rolling out to his right, or what he did just last night on the fake field goal. He's got great intangibles.

I wouldn't say Barkley is a primadona. He's very laid back and has a surfer attitude. Leinart has since admitted he wish he had a better attitude coming out of college. He said he let the fame of being in Hollywood go to his head and he loved to party. He was offered a chance to start for Pete Carroll in Seattle this year, but he decided to resign with Houston and be a backup to mature.

Sanchez? Well, I'll put it this way. He doesn't have the skillset for that offense or the attitude/mental toughness to play in New York

I wouldn't say Barkley is a primadona. He's very laid back and has a surfer attitude. Leinart has since admitted he wish he had a better attitude coming out of college. He said he let the fame of being in Hollywood go to his head and he loved to party. He was offered a chance to start for Pete Carroll in Seattle this year, but he decided to resign with Houston and be a backup to mature.

Sanchez? Well, I'll put it this way. He doesn't have the skillset for that offense or the attitude/mental toughness to play in New York

Nah man. Barkley is gonna be a party animal who hurts his elbow and lacks mental toughness because hes from USC. Hes going to be practically a melting pot of everything wrong with every over USC QB because every USC QB is apparently biologically the same. Thats what Im told anyway.

Back
Top Bottom