Poll: What kind of Defensive Back do we draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: What kind of Defensive Back do we draft?

What kind of Defensive Back do we draft?

• Cornerback

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Safety

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters

Silverphin

Chairman of the 'Owned! Awards' Commitee
Reaction score
Okay, seriously, I need your opinion. Some people say we need a safety, and some people say we need a cornerback. What do we need the most and why?

(Please wait for poll)

Well, looking at our depth chart right now... S is a bigger need... however, both are still a big need.

I think it is going to come down to value. If there is a CB and a S there for our pick... which ever one represents the most value there will be our pick IMO...

Safety is definitely a priority IMO....but again it all depends on who is available at our pick...

I think S is a more pressing need but there are a few guys in this draft that can play anywhere in the secondary. Jimmy Williams, Huff, and Jason Allen for example.

I hope we take Jimmy Williams from Va Tech...he is tall and fast and mean.

We need a safety more, but IMO whichever position there is a better football player is the position we will go. At our pick at 16 I don't know how many safety prospects will be there. Jason Allen is probably more of a CB in the NFL, Huff will be gone, and Simpson is a bit of a reach there as well as some of the other safeties. If Jimmy Williams is there he will probably be a safety in the NFL and could be good value and fill our greatest need. Don't rule out OLB. OT, or WR though either as our pick. I think Nick will go with the BPA.

Ko Simpson and Jason Allen will probably get a shot at CB before he plays Saftey

Back
Top Bottom