Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Braylon Edwards WR Michigan

Votes: 31 63.3%

• Total voters

nando03

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Assuming we don't trade our 2nd away and the 9er's pick up Aaron Rodgers, then who do you want us to pick between Edwards and Smith?

Why?

-I say Braylon Edwards, best player in draft and could help any QB look better along with 2 other really good WR's. We can always get a QB like McPherson or Andrew Walter later and if we trade Surtain we can pick up Marion Barber in the 2nd.

nando03 said:
Fair enough, but why would you go with Smith.
I honestly don't believe we need another WR. At least not to draft that hight for one. I would much rather get a solid RB (tends to make the WRs perform bettter) and a solid OL.

I think we should be getting our running game and passing game straight before we think about our receiving game. That's all. :D

Miami CANT go wrong with who they pick at Number 2. If they get one of the Top 2 QBs, GREAT. If they get a WR, GREAT. If they get RB, GREAT. I dont really think we need a receiver, Chambers/Booker/Thompson are good WR's. As far as RBs go, u can get quality later on....SportsIllustrated had a Top 20 Runningbacks page going on...Lamar Gordon and Travis Minor, with a better line...can be better backs. As for QBs, Alex Smith is young and is a good rushing QB too....so if i HAD TO choose one of them, itd be Alex Smith. But we can get a quality QB later on too.

I pick Smith because I truly believe he's NFL ready and that he has the intelligence it will take to succeed. Edwards is a nice WR and would not be a bad choice either, I just think in the long run, you pick the QB first. I think RB is obviously our biggest need though and would be fine with any of the big 3 RB's... Rodgers is the only player I don't want to see us draft of Smith, Edwards, Caddy, Brown, or Benson.

ItalianDolFan said:
Miami CANT go wrong with who they pick at Number 2. If they get one of the Top 2 QBs, GREAT. If they get a WR, GREAT. If they get RB, GREAT. I dont really think we need a receiver, Chambers/Booker/Thompson are good WR's. As far as RBs go, u can get quality later on....SportsIllustrated had a Top 20 Runningbacks page going on...Lamar Gordon and Travis Minor, with a better line...can be better backs. As for QBs, Alex Smith is young and is a good rushing QB too....so if i HAD TO choose one of them, itd be Alex Smith. But we can get a quality QB later on too.

Exactly my point, why not take the Best player in the entire draft and pick up a QB like Walter or McPherson later. Those guys could be like that guy I hate (Tom Brady) Walter has tons of upside and with the right WR's he could be good. McPherson may have had some off the field problems, but no one can question his ability. The guy can launch a ball 72 yards flat footed and runs in the 4.5-4.6 range. I figure why not go for the very best player in this draft and then take a sleeper later on. If not we still have Feeley to try out this season(not saying Feeley is the answer).

Wow, well I wish more people would vote. Braylon has decent lead right now.

I don't think AJ will do well and Gus will be the QB, but evn saying that, I take Edwards!

Back
Top Bottom