Poll:Whos Your Vote for Rookie of the Year | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll:Whos Your Vote for Rookie of the Year

Who your Rookie of the Year

• Vince Young QB,TN

Votes: 24 32.0%
  • Reggie Bush RB, NO

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Marques Colston WR, NO

Votes: 21 28.0%
  • Devin Hester DB/KR, CHI

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • Joseph Addai RB, IND

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maurice Jones-Drew RB,JAX

Votes: 13 17.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
NewEra8 said:
Exactly the reason Hester and Colston should be ahead of him for ROTY... thanks

Really because last time I checked before Vince played the Titans were an absolutely horrible team that couldnt beat anyone. And since he has played they have a winning record in his starts.

Yep he has no impact whatsoever

Colston hasnt been playing and the Saints are still doing fine, so what does that say about his impact?

Im not gonna kid myself and try to argue about Vince with you, Alex haha But as for demeco... yeah, he's had a hell of a year... I agree

NewEra8 said:
Exactly the reason Hester and Colston should be ahead of him for ROTY... thanks

Wouldn't it be the reverse? Young doesn't have a very productive game and the Titans lose. Hester and Colston sit out and its like they werent gone in the first place. Their team is still as good and productive.

L.T.21 said:
A ROOKIE arguably playing the hardest position in the game (Left Tackle) starting all games and ARGUABLY should be in the pro bowl.

Marcus McNeill (Auburn)
A GREAT point and a very good arguement. McNeil should end up in the Pro Bowl (from the 4-5 games I've seen). Anytime a ROOKIE LEFT TACKLE is playng at a Pro Bowl level he deserves rookie of the year. Think about how rare it is for a left tackle to play at the level he is playing at as a rookie. It happens once a decade.

That being said, we all know that the voters (with the exception of the voters who really know the game) will not vote for an offensive lineman.

Hester HAS to get some votes simply for his impact on his team winning games. Ryans is havng a very good year. Jones-Drew has been lights out the last month, so has Vince Young. Leinart's been pretty consistent and Bush is putting on a late push.

In the end I'd vote for Marques Colston. My ballot would look like this:

1.) Marques Colston
2.) Marcus McNeill
3.) Reggie Bush (although, if he has a few more weeks like his last couple have been he could jump to the top)
4.) Maurice Jones-Drew
5.) Vince Young

Colston: Been out for too long and the Saints are moving along just the same without him.

Bush: Did pretty well but not enough to win RoY this year.

Young: Had the greatest impact amongst any rookie. He is just a primetime player. He fits the saying, big time players make big time plays in big time games.

Hester: Same thing about primetime player. The best athlete in the group, with some grooming I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up as the best player from this draft. Just so much talent, he would shake Reggie Bush 9/10.

As of right now I'm tossed up between Hester and Young. It depends on what happens in the last 3 games.

unifiedtheory said:
A GREAT point and a very good arguement. McNeil should end up in the Pro Bowl (from the 4-5 games I've seen). Anytime a ROOKIE LEFT TACKLE is playng at a Pro Bowl level he deserves rookie of the year. Think about how rare it is for a left tackle to play at the level he is playing at as a rookie. It happens once a decade.

That being said, we all know that the voters (with the exception of the voters who really know the game) will not vote for an offensive lineman.

Hester HAS to get some votes simply for his impact on his team winning games. Ryans is havng a very good year. Jones-Drew has been lights out the last month, so has Vince Young. Leinart's been pretty consistent and Bush is putting on a late push.

In the end I'd vote for Marques Colston. My ballot would look like this:

1.) Marques Colston
2.) Marcus McNeill
3.) Reggie Bush (although, if he has a few more weeks like his last couple have been he could jump to the top)
4.) Maurice Jones-Drew
5.) Vince Young

It's a shame we didn't get McNeill. We needed a LT badly too. But Colston's been a monster. If he doesn't get back from his injury though, he may lose that spot to Vince Young, Reggie Bush, or Maurice Jones-Drew (who I think is going to be a beast in the league once Fred Taylor's career kicks the bucket)

Regan21286 said:
It's a shame we didn't get McNeill. We needed a LT badly too. But Colston's been a monster. If he doesn't get back from his injury though, he may lose that spot to Vince Young, Reggie Bush, or Maurice Jones-Drew (who I think is going to be a beast in the league once Fred Taylor's career kicks the bucket)

Hey Jason Allen was one of the best rookies drafted on day 2, oh crap we drafted him in the first round.

Bah, darn LT is gaining some momentum in his 'McNeill for ROY' campaign :lol:

PrepDogg said:
I think it's certainly gotta be Young after the last three weeks he and the Titans have had..

Young's numbers are terrible. Even recently. I did the stats of the Titans for the season because we play him next week. Defense wins for the Titans, not Vince Young. Trust me. I don't know what all the hype is all about.

Back
Top Bottom