[POLL] Will the NFL admit they screwed up? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[POLL] Will the NFL admit they screwed up?

Will the NFL admit that they screwed up?

• Yes

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • No

Votes: 35 92.1%

• Total voters

JoeFin

Scout Team
Reaction score
Sure, they will investigate. Even though they will see clearly that it was the wrong call, I'm guessing they will NEVER admit it publicly.

Maybe a more interesting question would be: Will they even admit it to themselves?

No.

That might be because it wasn't the wrong call?

THere needs to be a third option.... they will admin they screwed up in a letter to the team.... but in that letter it will state t onot make it public

does it matter tho? its not gonna give us the ball. game is over

This is not the first or the last time a referee cost a team a win. They will say they screwed up the fumble call but they were "technically" correct on the fumble recovery.
They will completely ignore the fact that the ref's blew the whistle way to early and that was the reason they couldnt determine who retrieved the fumble.

Either way, clicked the no button.

When they have a bad call or I should say a "controversial" call, I think the NFL fails to back away from the situation and fairly assess it from both sides to see the issue. Instead they stare at the replays and read the rules searching for some rule/exception to justify their position on the field. This is the wrong way to go about solving a problem. You don't just argue the sky is green because you believe the sky is green, you assess it as objectively as you can. If you made a mistake and find out the sky is really blue (please don't school me on the science of the sky please I know its not actually blue...lol) then admit fault and move on evolving the current rule to fix the problem.

They cannot award the win, because there was too much time to determine that...we could have thrown a pick 6 the next play..fumbled...punted...etc. But they can make sure this doesn't happen again and they can save face by saying sorry for the first time ever. It makes me sick every time there is a clear mistake on their part and they sink into their position harder and fine a player for speaking the truth. This is a business and businesses make mistakes all of the time and own up to it...recalls...pubic service announcements...**** happens and we all accept that. I just hate that this stuff always seems to go in favor of the "popular" teams...

Sure, they will investigate. Even though they will see clearly that it was the wrong call, I'm guessing they will NEVER admit it publicly.

Maybe a more interesting question would be: Will they even admit it to themselves?

I don't think they will admit it. They messed up and they will sugar coat it as much as they can. How can the refs not know who came up with the ball ? come on!! Ridiculous ! He fumbled in the endzone ! How can you give them the ball back? if they had recovered it then it would be a TD for Pitt. They stole one from us, anyone else that says differently are just haters or just plain stupid.

They will give some convoluted BS answer like they always do and never take any blame for anything...

Did they get the call wrong? Yes. Should they admit they blew the call? Yes. Will they? NO.
Should gambling interests own NFL teams? No. Do gambling interests own NFL teams? Yes, at least one team and maybe the refs too.

Did the NFL admit to the Cheatriots film? NO and they never will. That gut Mike Herrira that was head of officials NEVER refuted a call, only ,made excuses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom