Poor execution 2nd half | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poor execution 2nd half

OmegaPhinsFan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Aside from two picks in last 6 min of 1st half, Mia went three and out 4 times and had the ball 11:00. This is very concerning. This team is wasting its time with handcuffs on the offense and playing Fitzpatrick. Stop being win whores and demand change!!

Aside from two picks in last 6 min of 1st half, Mia went three and out 4 times and had the ball 11:00. This is very concerning. This team is wasting its time with handcuffs on the offense and playing Fitzpatrick. Stop being win whores and demand change!!
Man. The Dolphins could win the Super Bowl with a shut out and you'd still find something to complain about wouldn't you?

You must be a riot at party's.

Enjoy a win regardless.

Man. The Dolphins could win the Super Bowl with a shut out and you'd still find something to complain about wouldn't you?
Lol I understand some of the frustration. We should have won by more points. And going back to the jag game we just don’t play as well in the second half. We step off the gas

Up 21 at the half, do you really expect the same aggressiveness and same game plan in the 2nd half?

Really?

Not to mention haven given up under 100 yards on defense, so no real sign they could jump back into the game at any point. No need to risk anything in the mind of the coaches. I would like to keep the same energy throughout simply because I think people get injured pulling off. But a well coached team (like Miami) can keep that balance.

and to the OP
download.jpg

A win is a win. We had a poor showing on offense and the defense finally stood up and carried the game for a change. The most concerning offensive stats were no 3rd down conversions until the last drive of the game, and the interceptions. The Jets offense was inept, and Gailey slowed the game down to grind the clock. If the Jets had any life at all, then that would have been a horrible game plan, but they didn't, so attempting to shorten the game was not the wrong call. Not every win has to be a full throttle blowout, but yesterday's win was by a margin of 24 points, so technically a blowout AND shutout.

They'll work on the 3rd down conversions over the next couple weeks but in the mean time enjoy the back-to-back double digit victories, the latest over a deeply hated division rivalry.

5 double digit victories from 2015-2019. 3 already this season.

I agree that the offense didn't look great in the second half, but a win is a win. This game felt a lot more like one of the typical Jets games where we win 9-3 in the rain (been to a few of those in NY). Either way; glad we shut them out.

Miami's offense was pretty much on fire for six quarters going back to the 49ers game.

But after that late first half interception, the Dolphins offense really struggled in the second half against the Jets. Disappointing sure, but Miami did win by 24 points.

My only complaint is that Gesicki got me zero points in Fantasy lol. Did he even get targeted? He must have been doubled the entire game. Also, the oline did not pass protect well, very flimsy pockets for Fitz. But who the F cares right? A win is a win!

Back
Top Bottom