Poor execution 2nd half | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poor execution 2nd half

Jets have a damn good DC, like him or not.
He adjusted in the second half. We didn't have to play risky football because the Jets offense was abysmal.
So no risks taken- no reward, which we didn't really need the way that Jets offense was going.
We do need to improve our running game. We ran well, but no first downs until the end of the game?
That for me is what jumps out, fair for criticism.
And I'll tell you what- I will bet Flores wasn't dancing after that game. I'm sure he has a list of stuff to fix.
But an NFL win against a division rival is a good thing.
There is a difference between bringing up a topic for critical discussion and debate vs just complaining all the time.
I prefer the former- life has enough turmoil without finding things to b**** about.

Flacco is slow... doesn't run, so we blitzed him... and then blitzed him again... and again. It wasn't really rocket science, especially when you have two lock-down corners. It was the same with Garrapolo, we'll have trouble with QBs who can tuck and run-- like we did with both Cam and Russell Wilson. We don't have an answer for that yet, but that will come with better linebacking next year.

Aside from two picks in last 6 min of 1st half, Mia went three and out 4 times and had the ball 11:00. This is very concerning. This team is wasting its time with handcuffs on the offense and playing Fitzpatrick. Stop being win whores and demand change!!
Cheer up misery guts. Soon be Christmas.

Not to mention haven given up under 100 yards on defense, so no real sign they could jump back into the game at any point. No need to risk anything in the mind of the coaches. I would like to keep the same energy throughout simply because I think people get injured pulling off. But a well coached team (like Miami) can keep that balance.

and to the OP
View attachment 56793
this was one of those games where we could have spotted them 24 points and put the ball on our 1 yard line with 2 min left and 3 time outs and 10 tries and we would have still won in regulation...it was the freakin Jets!

You kinda have to expect these types of offensive outputs with Fitz as your QB. One week, your offense is up in SF beating the crap out of them. The next week, it's a struggle to move the football against arguably the worst team in NFL history and coach to match.

Story of his career. Shouldn't surprise anyone. Let's just hope that arm gets some rest and we get the better version of him after the bye.
Fitz just can’t put together good back to back games

Aside from two picks in last 6 min of 1st half, Mia went three and out 4 times and had the ball 11:00. This is very concerning. This team is wasting its time with handcuffs on the offense and playing Fitzpatrick. Stop being win whores and demand change!!
yeah to hell with wins I want stats!
oh wait...

From my perspective, jets scored 17 against BUF, 13 against SF, 21 against DEN. Holding them scoreless isn't something to dismiss. The flip side is scoring 24. Teams have been scoring close to 30. How much of that is Chan? RF getting the big hit? No idea. Can't dismiss Miami had the talent to score more
If Fitz didn't throw that pick at the end of the first 1/2 we likely would have had another seven. That puts us over 30 even with the lack of offense in the second 1/2.

Jets have a damn good DC, like him or not.
He adjusted in the second half. We didn't have to play risky football because the Jets offense was abysmal.
So no risks taken- no reward, which we didn't really need the way that Jets offense was going.
We do need to improve our running game. We ran well, but no first downs until the end of the game?
That for me is what jumps out, fair for criticism.
And I'll tell you what- I will bet Flores wasn't dancing after that game. I'm sure he has a list of stuff to fix.
But an NFL win against a division rival is a good thing.
There is a difference between bringing up a topic for critical discussion and debate vs just complaining all the time.
I prefer the former- life has enough turmoil without finding things to b**** about.
Imagine at the beginning of last season that there'd be complaints about winning two double digit games in a row one being a shutout against the Jets and another against a team who was just in the Superbowl.

Imagine at the beginning of last season that there'd be complaints about winning two double digit games in a row one being a shutout against the Jets and another against a team who was just in the Superbowl.
but but but... if the GodTua was in, we woulda won by 200 easy!

sniff... waaaaaaaahhh!

Worst game from the right side of the oline I’ve seen this year.

and just bad qb play. Combo of both. Qb play being worse.

after that zone drop never account for the opposite side defender gift int before the half fitz was awful.

awful.

Back
Top Bottom