Poor Jim Bates... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poor Jim Bates...

phinsforever

rookie
Reaction score
I think the world of Jim Bates, especially after what he accomplished with this team during the second half of last season, but the guy seems cursed. Miami had, arguably, one of the worst off-seasons in the history of ALL pro sports last year. The Packers' offseason this year, however, could be challenging them for that dubious distinction.

Here are some of the lowlights::eek:

-Green was arrested
-former players are attacking the once 'untouchable' Favre
- they lost key players on the o-line
- their draft was widely considered a failure
- their best WR is holding out
-Harris is alleged to have assaulted a dancer in Miami
-Sherman has had some of his power taken away

I like bates i wish he coulda stayed.
I dont think their off-season is close to ours last yr

Look at it this way, if the Packers Defense has a great year! He looks all the more better!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Look at it this way, if the Packers Defense has a great year! He looks all the more better!

That and if the team does tank he has yet another shot at HC if Sherman gets fired early (possible if that team tanks since Thompson just came back to GM and Sherman's not his guy). If Bates pulls off a turnaround again someone will give him that HC'ing job.

VanDolPhan said:
That and if the team does tank he has yet another shot at HC if Sherman gets fired early (possible if that team tanks since Thompson just came back to GM and Sherman's not his guy). If Bates pulls off a turnaround again someone will give him that HC'ing job.

I would be very happy for him!

phinsforever said:
I think the world of Jim Bates, especially after what he accomplished with this team during the second half of last season, but the guy seems cursed. Miami had, arguably, one of the worst off-seasons in the history of ALL pro sports last year. The Packers' offseason this year, however, could be challenging them for that dubious distinction.

Here are some of the lowlights::eek:

-Green was arrested
-former players are attacking the once 'untouchable' Favre
- they lost key players on the o-line
- their draft was widely considered a failure
- their best WR is holding out
-Harris is alleged to have assaulted a dancer in Miami
-Sherman has had some of his power taken away

don't feel too bad for Green Bay (they had there dayz). Nobody cared when the league's winningest team went down the tiolet last year. I got beat like a red headed step child last year and there wasn't one damn thing i could say. thanks wanny......

VanDolPhan said:

I think it's very possible he was brought in for exactly that reason. He could be the next coach of the Packers whether Sherman gets fired midseason or after the season.

Jim Bates did a great job coaching this team in the second half of the season, and I have a lot of respect for him in that department and I wish him the best of luck in Green Bay. Look at it this way. He had all kinds of talent in Miami and annually fielded top-10 defenses. Now he's got considerably less talent in Green Bay.....let's see how he does. If he can make that defense play well, then he's a heck of a coach.

That's actually probably why he went to the Packers!

Why poor Jim Bates?? It's not like he's not working!! It wouldn't have worked out if he stayed here. It was best that he went to another organization. Also, why are we going over this now???

Yeah poor Jim....How much money is he making??? And what exactly is he doing??? Yeah I feel really sorry for him. The guy is making phat money while watching the best sport in the world up close and personel at lambau field.

Back
Top Bottom