Pop the champagne!!!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pop the champagne!!!!

Happy that the achievement stands, but I would have liked to see SF win the game.

I have a feeling Pete Carroll and the Seahawks are going to face the Ravens in the super bowl.

As an aside, I think Bellichick, Shula and Walsh would have played for a tie in the same situation.

SF had the ball with 1:50 on the clock. Seattle had no time outs. Run it on first and bring the clock to about 1:10. Run it on second and its down to 30 seconds. Take a calculated gamble for a big play down the field on 3rd down. You either set up a win or get a tie.

A tie was essentially a win for the 49ers.

This weird celebration is the saddest thing about being a Dolphins fan...

Cleo Lemon.
AJ Feely.
Pat White.
Dave Wannstedt passing instead of handing the ball to Ricky against New England in the last game of 2002 that cost them the playoffs.
Cam Cameron.

I could go on and on...but THIS CELEBRATION IS THE SADDEST THING?

We don't give a rats A$$ if it means anything to the rest of the world.
You can damn well bank on it, that if the Pats would have achieved the feat, you'd never stop hearing about it either.
Same with the 85 Bears and the 84 49ers

You misunderstand. He thinks he IS the rest of the world.

Dave Wannstedt passing instead of handing the ball to Ricky against New England in the last game of 2002 that cost them the playoffs.

I think that one pissed me off more than any in the last 20 years.
Ricky had already ran for over 180 yards as I remember and Wanny put the game in Feidlers hands!!!!:bang:

Cleo Lemon.
AJ Feely.
Pat White.
Cam Cameron.

Yes, the fact that we as fans make a big deal about this is a culmination of all the suck, all those **** moves and awful seasons. This is what we are left with...celebrating something that happen 47 years ago. That is why it is sad, that is why it is depressing to see the fans get excited about it.

I dont know how the above post happened?????? I was quoting The Goat, but it showed that The Goat said it????????

Yeah and I can't blame any fan of this game for feeling like this. Would any of us give a crap if this record belonged to another team?

Hell, we have Dolfans who have a hard time acknowledging that Tom Brady and BB are the best QB/coach combo of all time...and they are both in the league right now!

No one cares that this happened over 40 years ago.

Well some people do

It’s an achievement which has never been matched. Whatever we do in the nex5 ten years we will still remember this team’s achievements. It’s the actual acomplishmen5 which is being lauded here not the fact that it’s all we ever done ...... we will win a SB again (one day) but will that make those of us who admire the achievement forget it? No.

I personally would applaud this achievement regardless of who the team was but as it happens it’s my beloved fins.... oh welll I can live with it

Thank you for picking up on the joke...it was more about living in the past than anything else.

Here's to a near-future Super Bowl win we can all talk about.
Im looking forward to one sooner than later too!
With that being said, I don't think it could match those dominant early seventies teams. We were one play away from probably going to our 4th SB in a row, and I'm sure we would have won that one too. Would've been 3 straight wins and 4 in a row. If I'm correct, that would've also been unmatched, even by the Pats, Cowboys, and 49ers; although the Steelers DID win 4 out of 6, which was a huge accomplishment. They had a two year blip in between the wins.

Would you trade the undefeated season for being the franchise the Cheatriots have been for 2 decades? I know I would.

Like I said, it is and will always be a beautiful thing.

But the glitz and glamour of it has long rusted away. It's just and an amazing feat for the record books.

Since 2000 we've made the playoffs 4 times 3 of which being wild cards.

I'd definitely pop bottles because I'd need to drink away the current status of our beloved Dolphins.

Would you trade the undefeated season for being the franchise the Cheatriots have been for 2 decades? I know I would.

Like I said, it is and will always be a beautiful thing.

But the glitz and glamour of it has long rusted away. It's just and an amazing feat for the record books.

Since 2000 we've made the playoffs 4 times 3 of which being wild cards.

I'd definitely pop bottles because I'd need to drink away the current status of our beloved Dolphins.

Outside of a dwindling minority within Dolfandom, no one actively cares about the 72.

Something that happened 40+ years ago in a league that no longer resembles that period, is almost irrelevant.

Outside of a dwindling minority within Dolfandom, no one actively cares about the 72.

Something that happened 40+ years ago in a league that no longer resembles that period, is almost irrelevant.

Nope.

Not a dwindling minority.

Look through this very thread.

How many people are still pleased about it? The minority is people like you, oddly trying to persuade people that they shouldn’t care.

If it really doesn’t matter to you...why not leave the thread?

Back
Top Bottom