Porter: Miami is a playoff contender | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Porter: Miami is a playoff contender

jdang307

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
"I didn't look at it as if they're rebuilding," Porter said. "I looked at it as they're trying to put a championship team together. They're already a good team -- but just a couple of pieces away -- and, hopefully, I can be part of the puzzle."
And this is the first article I see correctly stating Dom Capers left Pitts before Joey came hah.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2791051

As Carlito Brigante once said, "HERE COMES THE PAIN!"

Lol, but remember it's not a one man wrecking crew with Taylor HOlliday and possibly Roth.

Yes! This is just what I wanted with Porter, someone to go to the media and open their mouth. We haven't had this since Bryan Cox and it's about time we added one of these bad *** jerks back on our team. I'm going to love having Joey here.

Agreed and he does it in a way that hypes you up, not like Randy, in a way that is nothing but "i want the ball more" then doesnt catch it.........

Yes! This is just what I wanted with Porter, someone to go to the media and open their mouth. We haven't had this since Bryan Cox and it's about time we added one of these bad *** jerks back on our team. I'm going to love having Joey here.
I agree. I'm glad he's here too. Someone to add some fire to the team.

I was just saying that same thing about Cox to my buddy the other day. He's a huge Steelers fan and was upset to see him go but was glad to see him land in Miami rather than Cleveland.

This is surprising to hear. Joey wouldn't have com here if he didn't believe we could win games.

I think most importantly, he's looking at his side of the ball.

On D, this team is just a little maturity (in the youth) away from being a completely dominant unit week in and week out.

I'll keep saying this.... is there any question now why Capers is a paid man?

I suspect Cam should have the same impact on the offense. If we get near the equivalent coaching on offense that we have on defense.... this regime could solidfy itself sooner rather than later.

But, I'm not rolling out the red carpet. I also believe we don't just need winning, we need sustained winning. We need to start a lot of traditions over again. Winning and a winning attitude are 2 traditions that must come first.

I'd have to say this should re-energize Zach and JT. They now don't have to look at next year as a rebuild year or where they have to carry the team. This D is a healthy Traylor or a young stud DT away from being very dominant. Throw in a possible DB add and we will be Raven and Bears scary on D.

That article hyped me up! I was also curious as to what Zach and JT are thinking since we picked up Porter.....

Not surprising that Porter shoots his mouth off already. But with the whole media storm this team usually faces, some restraint may be wise. But nice to see he's still fired up as usual. Shame he can't play QB or LT either.

Back
Top Bottom