Porter scheduled to visit with Redskins on Thursday | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Porter scheduled to visit with Redskins on Thursday

Nawledge

Scout Team
Reaction score
Free-agent linebacker Joey Porter is scheduled to visit the Washington Redskins on Thursday, according to a league source.

The Redskins are moving to a 3-4 defensive scheme next season, so they need linebackers, particularly those who can rush the passer. Porter, who has 92 career sacks in 11 years and finished with a career-high 17.5 in 2008, fits that mold.

Porter recently visited the Arizona Cardinals and remains in contact with them. He left Arizona expressing a desire to play for Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt and assistant head coach Russ Grimm, who coached Porter when the four-time Pro Bowl pick played for the Pittsburgh Steelers from 1999 to 2006.

Porter spent the past three seasons with the Miami Dolphins, who cut him two weeks ago.

Wait a minute.... I thought Joey only wanted to go to a "West Coast team?" Last I checked, Washington D.C. was on the East Coast. This is the second team he's visited with? I thought he was in "high demand?"

haha Joey thought he would have more options im thinkin...now hes trying to find where the most money is

Back
Top Bottom