Portis to leave UF | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Portis to leave UF

This is less disappointing than when Berlin left for Miami, and I only laughed when you UM guys got him.
Portis was never more than a back-up at UF. He's a perfect option type QB, but Meyer actually asks he QB's to pass. He would have never beat out Tebow.

finswin56 said:
This is less disappointing than when Berlin left for Miami, and I only laughed when you UM guys got him.
Portis was never more than a back-up at UF. He's a perfect option type QB, but Meyer actually asks he QB's to pass. He would have never beat out Tebow.

Exactly. I always got nervous when he came in because he was very "unprotective" carrying the ball.

SpeedRush99 said:
Link? I'd like to see more of this kid.

Looks like I'll see plenty of him the next couple years. Portis who?

SpeedRush99 said:
Looks like I'll see plenty of him the next couple years. Portis who?
It is exciting, but I have to hold back some. I still remember the disappointment that was Berlin.

finswin56 said:
It is exciting, but I have to hold back some. I still remember the disappointment that was Berlin.

I think this is a completely different situation. This guy knows he will have to sit a year then the job will be his for 3 years. I've been reading alot about him, sounds like a good kid and an even better player.

SpeedRush99 said:
I think this is a completely different situation. This guy knows he will have to sit a year then the job will be his for 3 years. I've been reading alot about him, sounds like a good kid and an even better player.
I think you're right about Tebow.
But, I remember the hype around Brock when he came in. He wasn't supposed to sit a year, none the less two years. He was just beat out by the "back-up". Now everyone knows Brock just didn't have the goods, but as a prospect he was supposed to be a gun slinging demon.

just saw on espnews that Portis is coming to Maryland. He's gotta be better than what we have now in Statham and Hollenbach. It should be pretty interesting to see him, Steffy and Ricker battle it out in 2 years, hopefully we something outta those 3.

akschof217 said:
just saw on espnews that Portis is coming to Maryland. He's gotta be better than what we have now in Statham and Hollenbach. It should be pretty interesting to see him, Steffy and Ricker battle it out in 2 years, hopefully we something outta those 3.

Cool.

Portis didnt have a future in Gainsville.He would be sandwiched in between Leak and now Tebow and he would never get a chance to play because he just is not that talented.

«©òókîê ߥtë®» said:
Portis didnt have a future in Gainsville.He would be sandwiched in between Leak and now Tebow and he would never get a chance to play because he just is not that talented.
I think that is the whole reason he left. Meyer probably told him that Tebow was probably coming and so Portis said screw this and left.

Oboy said:
I think that is the whole reason he left. Meyer probably told him that Tebow was probably coming and so Portis said screw this and left.

Most likely. Good luck to him up here in MD.

Back
Top Bottom