Posing a question | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Posing a question

Bowl_Bound

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Some have felt that madison has not played up to his salary the last few years. If we could trade him and get a late 1st or early 2nd, pick up either Winfield (buf) or springs (sea) would that make sense. It may allow us to get a WR with the 1st pick and an OL with the other. Get the valued pick back that wanny pi$$ed away.

I'm of that opinion that if you don't think Sam is playing up to his ability, then how do you expect to get a 1st round pick for him?

I thought about the possibility of doing that, but we'd take too much of a salary cap hit so it wouldn't make sense. I do agree that we need to take some money away from the D to bolster our off. though.

Did you just compare Winfield to Madison? :rolleyes:

Why doesn't anyone talk about Surtain? After all he is the one that got burned..not Madison.

Both our corners are solid. Keep 'em both. We are sooo lucky to have two very talented corners. Other teams are lucky to have one. These guys play aggressive and are bound to give up a big play every now and then. Marion scares me a lot more than these two guys. Maybe restructure both with fat signing bonuses to free up some cap space!!!! DRAFT PHILIP RIVERS IN THE FIRST. SIGN T.O. AS A FREE-AGENT!!!!!!! BYE, BYE, WANNY!!!!!

I don't think Sam is playing up to his contract numbers, but OTOH I don't see us replacing him in free agency. Best bet is to draft someone to groom to replace him before we cut ties.

I don't know. I think Madison is regressing but he is still a top ten if not top five corner. I think we hold onto him a little while longer and keep T-buck as the nickel. Look for a corner to possibly surplant Sam in a few years in possibly the year after next draft.

Trades are virtually impossible in the NFL with the way the cap is set up.

I did not compare madison to anyone. I was attempting to find a way to get more picks, we need them. I dont think we can trade wally b/c its not likely we will find another DE in free agency. They seem to be the hottest commodity. I also dont think we can afford a top FA wr b/c of the cap issue. Lastly the philip rivers question i think is too late. Those that draft QBs early are either grooming them for the next few years or rebuilding. We have too many holes for the former and no time for the later. I still feel the best option is to draft a wr 1st and OL as early as possible. It would be the 3rd round if we dont make a trade and its unlikely that 3rd rd pick would be a starter next yr.

As I understand it, Wally is a RFA. It won't be a matter of trading him if he goes -- it will be a matter of a team doing what the Redskins did last year with Coles and signing him to a tender we won't be willing to match.

Looking at the guys we have had at DE before Wally, I think it's okay if he goes. Don't get me wrong -- I'll miss him. I just know that much like the Jets with Coles, there is no way we can sign him to what he can get elsewhere and still be able to field the team that needs to be fielded.

I meant the RFA rather than trade. It works even better for us that way. I just fear losing him and espesially loosing him to say.... THE BILLS. They are in the market for a DE and is almost all they need to shore up an already very good defense. They have about 10 mil of cap space next year before they trim some fat (reuben brown). Loosing wally to an AFC east opponent would make me cry.:cry:

Maybe the Bills will get fed up with Bledsoe and decide they need that cap money to make a move for a new guy at that position. It really would suck to lose him to the Bills, but I guess that's just the way the league works sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom