Position Break Down | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Position Break Down

SCall13

Finheaven QB
Reaction score
OK, let's use this thread to post a break down of each individual position on our team. Strengths and weaknesses of each position. Our strongest areas and weakest areas. Try to take one position or one player to break down and we can all discuss it and come up with a general consensus of just how strong this team is and where our achilles could potentially be. I will let someone else have the privilege of starting us off....

OK I'll start:

Defensive Line:

Strengths: Quick pass rush from the edges with JT and possibly Roth in there for situational pass rushing. Good tacklers on the edge as well. Good depth at the ends considering Carter and Holliday can play outside as well, which also give us flexibility along the line to be creative with JT and ROTH.

Weaknesses: Lack of true quality HEALTHY defensive tackles. We picked up Traylor which was HUGE, but we need another solid DT. Chester and especially Timbo are question marks. We also need to get more pressure up the middle on the QB. This has been one of our biggest problems for several years: no push up the middle to get in the QBs face, allowing him to step up into the pocket.

ill take a easy one

RB brown, williams, minor, harris, evans, morris

PRos : potential to be a great 1-2 punch much like the one the 49ers had in the mid 80s, alot of depth, and non of these guys are 2 injury prone...

Cons: potential is key word, with a rookie and a pot head u never know what you are gonna get, makes it exciting to see how it pans out..

dolphinman23 said:
ill take a easy one

PRos : potential to be a great 1-2 punch much like the one the 49ers had in the mid 80s, alot of depth, and non of these guys are 2 injury prone...

Cons: potential is key word, with a rookie and a pot head u never know what you are gonna get, makes it exciting to see how it pans out..

True, VERY true. But I think they will compliment each other well and they both have tons of talent. I think we'll reap the rewards. =)

WRs:

Strengths: 3 Pro Bowl Wrs that are young. Each can be a #1 WR. All have good speed and can spreeeaaad a defense. All have great hands. All have suttin to prove in there own way.

CC- I can be a 1000 yd WR
Booker - I am as good as my Pro bowl days
DB - I can be what i was a few years ago and earn a big payday

Weakness: Injury prone Boston does DBo still need an attitude adjustment...Can the line give them time (i think the oline will be a strength but it is a ? right now) Can AJ be accurate, if not can Gus give a full season..........is booker still homesick...will CC play at full speed every play and game

SCall13 said:
True, VERY true. But I think they will compliment each other well and they both have tons of talent. I think we'll reap the rewards. =)

I've never watched offseason to this extent. Can Ricky be truly in game shape by preseason or even September? All the way from 195 lbs?

dolphinman23 said:
ill take a easy one

Minor over Gordon? You're kidding right?

dolphan north said:
I've never watched offseason to this extent. Can Ricky be truly in game shape by preseason or even September? All the way from 195 lbs?

The good thing is Ricky isn't OUT OF SHAPE. He is just lighter. He has less body mass. I'd be much more concerned if he had ballooned UP to 270 or something. Putting his mass back on will not be an issue. He has ample time to get that done and be close to, if not right at, his playing weight. He will be ready physically to play.

TE

McMichael. Forget the rest, we are set here baby! Anyone can block, but this guy will catch and score in any offense. If we get a few deep balls to the receivers, the underneath will be RM's personal playground. Especially with the threat of passing to Ronnie also underneath. A linebacker's nightmare.

Oline :

Strenghts: have all worked together for some time now, all of them (except for alabi) are really big guys average around 320 pounds, will get coached by one of the best in business

Weakness: need to learn a new scheme, big ? at C and LT,

Al13 said:
Oline :

Strenghts: have all worked together for some time now, all of them (except for alabi) are really big guys average around 320 pounds, will get coached by one of the best in business

Weakness: need to learn a new scheme, big ? at C and LT,

I agree with your question marks. But I think Houck is going to put us one helluva line together. I never thought I'd be so excited about offensive linemen. But I think we will surprise this year.

LB

Pros: Zach is an an inceridble LB, Seau is also good Crowder was a bad *** at UF and he will be in the pros,He is very versitle and he can play at any LB position. Saprgan has potential and he is a good special teams guy.

Cons: Thomas and Junior(He is the epidemy of old) are getting older(Saban addressed that by getting young guys.) and Zach isnt as fast as he used to be. Crowder has had injury problems in the past and other issues but thats not that much of a problem now. Spargan is average but he needs to get better, we can't have him screw up on some important plays.

PatsSuck456 said:
LB

Pros: Zach is an an inceridble LB, Seau is also good Crowder was a bad *** at UF and he will be in the pros,He is very versitle and he can play at any LB position. Saprgan has potential and he is a good special teams guy.

Cons: Thomas and Junior(He is the epidemy of old) are getting older(Saban addressed that by getting young guys.) and Zach isnt as fast as he used to be. Crowder has had injury problems in the past and other issues but thats not that much of a problem now. Spargan is average but he needs to get better, we can't have him screw up on some important plays.

I agree with everything you said. On paper, we look tough. But I sure wouldn't mind signing another LB for a depth. Preferably and PROVEN LB.

PatsSuck456 said:
LB

WOW what did you say ---i didn#t pick any of it up--too busy looking

Too be short : LT we are weak at and it's the biggest problem. CB , DT still a question with Surtain gone and injury. LB , RB , TE , WR , DE we are the strongest at on this team. Oddly , our special teams is our best group.

Back
Top Bottom