Positive article about Rowe by Omar | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positive article about Rowe by Omar

Against Waller, Rowe was with him step by step but Waller out-muscled and out-positioned him to have a better day. I look forward to Rowe handling his business in the rematch.
6690ab3d5763a7c45c341e135aa72145.jpg

He is the first DB can cover a TE for us in a long time. Waller and Kelce are freaks. Nothing much you can do about them. Fortunately, there is only one Waller and one Kelce in the league.

I love Rowe. It’s crazy to me that anyone would want to bench him or cut him. I believe that he is vital to our defense.
Second in tackles. By a lot. Second in Int’s. Second in passes defended. By a lot. And I think he had a safety. Easily the most underrated guy on our defense. He’s the Rodney Dangerfield of our defense. He gets no respect.

He’s the guy. He should remain the guy until he actually plays poorly. Or someone proves they can consistently out perform him. I think that is a much more difficult task than many seem to believe.

Not every player will be all pro. Rowe does a good job most weeks.

After Gase brought in so many former players, I'd wasn't a fan of signing Rowe.

I admit that I was totally wrong.

I like Rowe and he has done the best job covering the opposing teams TE’s any Dolphin defensive player has done in years. In the Raiders game he was always within a step of Waller but Carr made some great throws and Waller made some spectacular catches, it happens.

Hopefully Jones or Holland can step up next season and replace McCain and work well with Rowe in the secondary.

After Gase brought in so many former players, I'd wasn't a fan of signing Rowe.

I admit that I was totally wrong.
Rowe was brought in by Flores.

but he's been very solid imo. He's not a big thumping safety, but he can tackle half ass, and he elimanated *most* tight ends in the league. Kelce and Waller made some plays on him, but I'd venture to guess he did as well as anyone else did in the nfl vs them.

I'd defintely not cut the guy. our top 3/4 safeties will be McCourty likely at FS, Rowe "starting" at SS. and then the young guys mixing in all around, letting Rowe move up and such is my guess

I love the potential of that group

but he's been very solid imo. He's not a big thumping safety, but he can tackle half ***, and he elimanated *most* tight ends in the league. Kelce and Waller made some plays on him, but I'd venture to guess he did as well as anyone else did in the nfl vs them.

I'd defintely not cut the guy. our top 3/4 safeties will be McCourty likely at FS, Rowe "starting" at SS. and then the young guys mixing in all around, letting Rowe move up and such is my guess

IDK that Rowe will "start" at strong.

I honestly think Jones is better against the run, and may get the nod, with Rowe coming in to cover TEs in many packages.

Like I said before though, the term starter may not be indicative of who plays the most snaps anyway.

For that matter, some spots could change from week to week.

IDK that Rowe will "start" at strong.

I honestly think Jones is better against the run, and may get the nod, with Rowe coming in to cover TEs in many packages.

Like I said before though, the term starter may not be indicative of who plays the most snaps anyway.

For that matter, some spots could change from week to week.
Totally agree, but I see Flores giving the 'starting' spot to the veteran he has his trust in.

But when we have 3 safeties on the field, I think these young guys are going to be getting plenty of snaps

side note- I really like brandon jones, ever since pre-draft when he studied every team's defense to show how he could fit in and make them better, or what role he could excel in.

To me that screams a very smart player.

side note- I really like brandon jones, ever since pre-draft when he studied every team's defense to show how he could fit in and make them better, or what role he could excel in.

To me that screams a very smart player.
I feel like our secondary is loaded with those types of players. Flores definitely has a vision for this team.

but he's been very solid imo. He's not a big thumping safety, but he can tackle half ***, and he elimanated *most* tight ends in the league. Kelce and Waller made some plays on him, but I'd venture to guess he did as well as anyone else did in the nfl vs them.

His is the third most important piece of our secondary, after X and Jones

For a second I thought Omar was writing about former FLA Panthers head coach Tom Rowe, and I thought "Only Omar could have something positive to write about that guy."

I felt compelled to post this, because it is the off-season.

I hate Omar to the point that he actually makes me less interested in the players he perceives as being good.

Back
Top Bottom