Positive Spin to all the Negativity | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positive Spin to all the Negativity

FinFrenzy

Never Lose Faith in the Fins
Club Member
Reaction score
It has been awhile since I have posted. I would like to share a positive outlook on the upcoming season.
The acquisition of David Boston has now become even more important to help whomever our running back should be.
RW although great has not brought us a superbowl.
The last 2 teams to win the bowl did not have stellar running games.
If Feeley shows us what Spielman sees we might have a surprisingly good passing game.
Minor is not a terrible RB
The last time we won a playoff game was with Lamar Smith. How deep would we have gone then with better passing?

My point is the season hasn't begun. This could be the turning point to turn this team into a true solidified unit. I'd rather have this team of competitors who want to play and WIN.

Here is another positive. People have complained that this team lacked heart. Well we now know that our starting RB lacked heart. Replacing such players with ones who want to be here will improve the overall heart/commitment of this team.

If I was on a 53 man roster and I was given the lack of respect that every player on this team is getting because of losing 1 player, I would be angry as he//.

Anger is good in football.

I'm glad to see someone making light of the situation. Everything you've said FinFrenzy, is right on the money. We will still be competitive IMO, seeing as we are now an "Unknown Quantity". The FO would be silly to try the same run, (whoever), run scheme. This is our chance to start throwing the ball. If it doesn't work, at least we can say we tried.

Good post!

I do think they need to get some kind of runner - Candidate etc.
IMO it will come down to the QB's - one of them has to step up....it will be interesting to see how they react

tofishfan said:
Good post!

I do think they need to get some kind of runner - Candidate etc.
IMO it will come down to the QB's - one of them has to step up....it will be interesting to see how they react
I never get tired of saying this. :lol:

NO CANIDATE! TRUNG ISN'T A SOLUTION!

FinFrenzy said:
It has been awhile since I have posted. I would like to share a positive outlook on the upcoming season.
The acquisition of David Boston has now become even more important to help whomever our running back should be.
RW although great has not brought us a superbowl.
The last 2 teams to win the bowl did not have stellar running games.
If Feeley shows us what Spielman sees we might have a surprisingly good passing game.
Minor is not a terrible RB
The last time we won a playoff game was with Lamar Smith. How deep would we have gone then with better passing?

My point is the season hasn't begun. This could be the turning point to turn this team into a true solidified unit. I'd rather have this team of competitors who want to play and WIN.

While your points here are certainly overly optimistic, I could buy into them a little easier if Dave hadn't received an extension. We are asking a conservative defensive coach whos knowledge of offense consists only of running the ball, to implement a wide open, quick strike passing game with a QB that has proven to be unable to do this in the past, or a QB who has started 6 pro games in his entire career. Add to this a new OC who has never performed the job before and planned on using a playbook that depended on having a respected running threat, and my optimism wanes substantially.

Ricky's loss would have been terrible in even the best circumstances, but it is made a 1000x worse by the actions taken by the FO with regards to coaching/management this offseason. It is those coaching/personnel/and management decisions that will truly dictate the season this year. I am hoping for some pleasant surprises, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't preparing for the worst. A rebuild is coming, and it is coming much faster than I ever wanted to believe.

First off, I hope that Ricky gets a little Sticky with a horny monkey in Asia.

Secondly, although I am not as optimistic as I was a week ago, I don't want to have players on my fav. team that don't want to play, or be a good teammate. He is selfish if you ask me. Okay retire, but do that in Feb., so we can plan, or have the courtesy and integrity to tell Dave one more year.

Lastly, we got some cap room, and Ogun to trade if necesary, but if that doesn't happen I think we will be a little surprised at how well Minor would do. I just don't think the guy will ever see 300 carries...but maybe with Henry spellling and picking up Mack we can get through the year. Then we can sign E. James in the offseason. Either way, too much stuff this year for a SB win. Lets face it...but I think we will still win 10 games and a playoff game. We might be more fun to watch too...I think Chambers should be used a lot more now, and heck why not open it up with Feeley this year and see if he is the answer now, rather than in 3-4 years like Fiedler..

volk said:
While your points here are certainly overly optimistic, I could buy into them a little easier if Dave hadn't received an extension. We are asking a conservative defensive coach whos knowledge of offense consists only of running the ball, to implement a wide open, quick strike passing game with a QB that has proven to be unable to do this in the past, or a QB who has started 6 pro games in his entire career. Add to this a new OC who has never performed the job before and planned on using a playbook that depended on having a respected running threat, and my optimism wanes substantially.

Ricky's loss would have been terrible in even the best circumstances, but it is made a 1000x worse by the actions taken by the FO with regards to coaching/management this offseason. It is those coaching/personnel/and management decisions that will truly dictate the season this year. I am hoping for some pleasant surprises, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't preparing for the worst. A rebuild is coming, and it is coming much faster than I ever wanted to believe.

Dave may not have the offensive mind to flip the script but, I can almost believe that Foerster, Trestman and Sullivan do.

Back
Top Bottom