Positives about today! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives about today!

It was nice to be competitive in a game, albeit for a half. The team didn’t seem light years away like the other two games.

A weird positive is a lot of our offensive skill position guys further cemented what they are: unreliable and inconsistent. I’m taking this year as an evaluation year so even the bad is good if the team learns from it. It’s a shame they gave Grant that extension because he has been dreadful this season, but honestly it’s only one player and lord knows we will have enough shipping money.

A huge positive is Rosen coming back into the game. When he got hurt that was worst case scenario staring the team and fans in the face and you could see the relief the next series when he came back in.

I’ll just add our defense looked borderline good they first half before falling apart. Hopefully they can take those positives and build on them to develop as a young squad.

Rosen did fairly well playing behind a garbage offensive line with RBs that are young and can't do much and receivers who keep dropping balls.
I like how Rosen wasn't intimidated playing the Cowboys on the road and I love how he moved in the pocket and wasn't afraid to through the ball down the field.
He still needs to get rid of the ball quicker, don't stare down his receivers, and know when to run and know when to throw the ball away. He is only 22 so he has time to learn if given the chance.
Rosen might be the QB the Fins are looking for. One game doesn't make a season so let's play this year out and see how he does.

Some people got on X the way he played today but if you give any QB 20 secs to throw even Stevie Wonder can get open!
The Fins need to just keep making baby steps and they will be OK.

Perhaps it is an over reaction, but he was killed last year in Arizona. Do you expect our line to get better for the remainder of this year?

Parker was on his way to a solid game, until that terrible drop in front of the end zone.

Rosen looks legit. I like the way he extends plays and how his eyes are always downfield. He can put the ball into small windows and his deep throws always seem to have a chance at being caught.

I know our O-line isn’t good but it’s less obvious than previous years because the QB has pocket awareness and bails it out at times.

Our pass catchers are pissing me off. Seriously- is Parker allergic to the endzone? I still don’t know how that ball bounced off of his hands. He probably scores there. And Williams - am being patient as the kid is getting open every game - needs to finish. Positive is that our big bodied WRs are getting open for chunk opportunities.

Also, our D in the first half played like I thought they would before the season started. I am getting concerned about what looks like a lack of speed on our front 7.

Before getting hurt, Jessie Davis looked really good at LT today.

Or the best WR in the draft

Miami is going to have three 1st round picks, at least one will be high with the possibility of two or hopefully three (with 7 picks in the 1st three rounds), If the right players are there, plenty of chance to get a good amount of premium players at many positions.

Josh Rosen looked today like he's either going to be a top flight backup or a guy who will fetch us some good trade value next off-season. He showed real moxie in the first half.

I had the same thought when I saw him today.

Also regarding Taco’s “sack”, Dak had like 10 minutes to throw and held onto the ball and eventually got taken down, so it wasn’t exactly a barn burner. But guess we will take what we can get.

That's still one more sack than our mega bust Charles harris has had all season. Taco has more sacks than our other DE's combined in one game and is tied for the team lead in sacks.
That is not a positve lol

Good god dude, it’s one game. Doesn’t mean his career is over with. Facepalm at its best

I disagree. He had a terrible first season. If that is repeated here which it more likely will be on this god awful team, then where does he go from here? He has been really unlucky to wind up behind 2 of the worst offensive lines in the league.

Rosen play good wr suck when it count.. Rosen is not bad keep head up young man. from what I saw today if they give Rosen chance he could be all right.. we need more pass rush. I expect us won 3 to4 games this yr.

I disagree. He had a terrible first season. If that is repeated here which it more likely will be on this god awful team, then where does he go from here? He has been really unlucky to wind up behind 2 of the worst offensive lines in the league.
So......

You think his career is over?

I don't know if he is the future "franchise" QB of the Phins, but he has more future potential than a lot of guys starting in the NFL today. 6 months of adequate coaching has increased his mental preparedness by light years, compared to when he arrived here. There is no reason to believe he won't continue to improve. His pocket awareness, and arm strength are obvious, so tell me again, whats his Achilles heel?

He's 22 years old, for crying out loud.

Back
Top Bottom