Positives about today! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives about today!

Rosen played well. I know we got used to Tannehill having no pocket awareness but Rosen did so good buying time and still making some nice throws. He just didn't get much help with all the drops and the fumble.

The O-line did well early on, at least on pass protection but Davis went out and then Isadora went out too and the line fell apart.

Deiter did well at LT.

It is time to play Laird at RB and see what he can do along with Walton and Gaskin. Ballage is just not very good and while Drake will make a nice play here and there he's just not very consistent.

As far as the defense go, that lack of a pass rush is really killing this team. Even X got beat like a drum and no, I'm not trying to put him down as Cooper is a top WR but damn, that was not his beat game but again, it'd help if we had a pass rush.

I disagree. He had a terrible first season. If that is repeated here which it more likely will be on this god awful team, then where does he go from here? He has been really unlucky to wind up behind 2 of the worst offensive lines in the league.

And what happened to that AZ coaching staff from last year. You don’t watch much football, do ya?

Would’ve lead off with your last point, about Rosen.

Much more important than all your other observations......combined.

What's that got to do with what I said? Nadda

Do I need to spell it out to you? Ok I will, Rosen has been surrounded by ineptness since he came into the league, and you’re judging him on that. Laughable. The ineptness he was surrounded with last year is no longer there because it was so bad and either will 90% of the ineptness he’s surrounded by on this team. My response has everything to do with want you said

Do I need to spell it out to you? Ok I will, Rosen has been surrounded by ineptness since he came into the league, and you’re judging him on that. Laughable. The ineptness he was surrounded with last year is no longer there because it was so bad and either will 90% of the ineptness he’s surrounded by on this team. My response has everything to do with want you said
The irony of that is that last year's Cardinals and this year's Dolphins are subjected to the ineptitude of having Rosen as their quarterback.

When do we get to feel bad for them?

The offense looked much better with Rosen than Fitz. We legitimately could have been up at halftime if not for dropped passes and Drake’s fumble. Only really bad play was nearly getting Hurns killed.
Not sure if it was necessarily on Rosen though. It was a bullet between two approaching defenders. It was a tough catch to make and usually a WR gets hit hard. We've seen QBs make these through all the time. This hit was helmet to helmet though which made it so much worse. It should have been called by the refs. The guy led with his helmet as well.

I disagree. He had a terrible first season. If that is repeated here which it more likely will be on this god awful team, then where does he go from here? He has been really unlucky to wind up behind 2 of the worst offensive lines in the league.
So you think we're just going to let him go if he doesn't win enough games? lol

Well, at least Miami was in this game at halftime. The Drake fumble was huge, though, as a momentum killer. I've always liked Drake as a big-play threat but I don't know if he's the long-term answer there. At best, maybe he's that change of pace runner behind more of a power guy.

Williams had the drop in the endzone, which actually looked like a catch. Overall, I know he's dropped some balls but the potential is there. Great catch by DaVante Parker!

Considering what he's working with, I thought Rosen played well.

It was nice to be competitive in a game, albeit for a half. The team didn’t seem light years away like the other two games.

A weird positive is a lot of our offensive skill position guys further cemented what they are: unreliable and inconsistent. I’m taking this year as an evaluation year so even the bad is good if the team learns from it. It’s a shame they gave Grant that extension because he has been dreadful this season, but honestly it’s only one player and lord knows we will have enough shipping money.

A huge positive is Rosen coming back into the game. When he got hurt that was worst case scenario staring the team and fans in the face and you could see the relief the next series when he came back in.

I’ll just add our defense looked borderline good they first half before falling apart. Hopefully they can take those positives and build on them to develop as a young squad.

Rosen looked good. Been a long time since fans have seen an aggressive QB. Some errant passes? Yup, just like EVERY NFL QB. I can live with that. Risky passes in 2H just like every QB behind by 12-15 points.
OL looked good in pass pro until Davis' injury.
Yes, receivers dropped passes, but they got open. Better than last year.
D looked good in 1H. What happened in 2H?????
Deiter particularly impressed me.
X won't face AC every week

It's easier to watch the Dolphins with Rosen.

Simply due to watching him to see if he's the answer. Scratch out wins, but watching his pocket poise, accuracy, leadership and seeing if he can sustain drives.

It's an uphill battle with no emergency brakes, so stats won't show the entire story.

Not sure if it was necessarily on Rosen though. It was a bullet between two approaching defenders. It was a tough catch to make and usually a WR gets hit hard. We've seen QBs make these through all the time. This hit was helmet to helmet though which made it so much worse. It should have been called by the refs. The guy led with his helmet as well.
I like JR, but in this case @phins_4_ever is correct. Rosen hung him out to dry.

Positives Today:

Steelers lost.
Giants Won
Panthers Won
Bengals look competent again. They need AJ Green back.
We look like we have the first pick locked up.

Back
Top Bottom