Positives from Dolphins Giants! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from Dolphins Giants!

Ehhh.... I can't put the Gaskin sack on Tua... if you're expecting a guy to pick up a Blitzer why would you ever be looking for him on a check down.... Gaskin made a bad read on the blitz and bailed.

The Jackson sack was terrible in real time.... he literally turned his back to the stunting lineman.
Belichick and the Pats will have a field day with Jackson on stunts

The Gaskin sack was on Tua, he could have avoided it by throwing to Gaskin.
The other sacks was on a stunt that Jackson gave up. He needs to be aware of overloads in defensive alignment because they are targeting him on stunts because he is inexperienced at the position.
I disagree. Gaskin clearly picked the wrong guy to pick up.

Actually, Gaskin leaked out to become a receiver. I know Moose blamed him, but perhaps he wasn't supposed to stay.
He chipped the outside rusher, then leaked out. At a minimum he should have hit the rusher up the middle first. I'm not sure he should have leaked out at all. I get the impression that he leaks out too often. That limits our ability to hit any deeper plays.

Actually, Gaskin leaked out to become a receiver. I know Moose blamed him, but perhaps he wasn't supposed to stay.
I guess it is possible but typically, if the back is going to the the flat in that situation, where numbers dictate a free rusher, that would be Tua's initial read/look.

It certainly wasn't what the QB was expecting to happen for whatever protection was called.

I would add to the positives that Tua has a +100 rating for the fourth game in a row. We haven't seen that level of consistently good QB plays since Marino and one season of Pennington. In fact, Tua has now had a +100 rating in 5 of the last 6 games.

Adding to that, I just read that Miami's defense has given up 10 or fewer points in four of the last five games.

That's pretty much the definition of lights out for more than a month.
They did very well against the run in particular.

Guys on the edge holding comtain, interior line holding ground, and everybody swarming to the ball.

Was he good? I know his snaps were accurate that’s a plus. I thought the OL has a unit was pretty dreadful. Every one complains about the check downs and dunk but we’d be getting 6-8 sacks per game if Tua didn’t get ball out so quickly
I think based on the small ball offense we have to play due to bad pass protection, accurate snaps are as important as average blocking. I don’t know that he had a good game but I do know that there were no errant snaps. That better than we’ve had

It's possible but if that was the case then that's pretty damning evidence that Jackson needs to go... he was perpendicular to the line watching Eich block his man one on one

It's possible but if that was the case then that's pretty damning evidence that Jackson needs to go... he was perpendicular to the line watching Eich block his man one on one
I only watched the play once, well twice if you count the replay. I'm quite positive it was a blitzing LB though. Jackson didn't have his own blocking assignment?

I'm pretty sure that was a different play than the one where the DE ran a stunt, and Jackson was lost and failed to actually block anyone. Are you sure you're not confusing the two plays?

I'm not saying Jackson is all-pro, but he's still a kid, younger than a lot of guys still in college.

Back
Top Bottom