Positives from Dolphins Giants! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from Dolphins Giants!

I only watched the play once, well twice if you count the replay. I'm quite positive it was a blitzing LB though. Jackson didn't have his own blocking assignment?

I'm pretty sure that was a different play than the one where the DE ran a stunt, and Jackson was lost and failed to actually block anyone. Are you sure you're not confusing the two plays?

I'm not saying Jackson is all-pro, but he's still a kid, younger than a lot of guys still in college.
You're correct.... I'm combing the 2 plays... my bad

I would add to the positives that Tua has a +100 rating for the fourth game in a row. We haven't seen that level of consistently good QB plays since Marino and one season of Pennington. In fact, Tua has now had a +100 rating in 5 of the last 6 games.
What I like about Tua is he is consistent. Every week he seems to play good. Not one week 4tds and 400 yds and the next 1 td and 3 ints with 200 yds. I am excited to see what he can do with Lindsey at rb and hopefully Fuller, Parker, Waddle and G to finish the season. Fuller is a axx for what he has done so far ,however he is a top number 2 receiver when he plays. He could really change our offense if he plays our final games and as long as Parker stays healthy

Yes he did

When QB is one on one with a single defender, he should be able to avoid him, especially when he has room to backpedal, and has an outlet in this case Gaskin in the line of sight looking at the blitzer. Tua must do better there.
Instead he again like in the Buffalo game opened himself up to a big hit trying to squeeze a pass downfield. That was just stupid. And when he gets hurt and missed 5 games again you guys will scream Gaskin sucks. Well, no he does, Tua would suck, he got himself hurt by playing stupid football.
He needs to improve in recognizing that kind of stuff, but based on his body language, he was expecting Gaskin to block that guy. Gaskin's job was protect and he drifted left...at least that's how it looked. If he wasn't supposed to block, well, then it's all on Tua.

What I like about Tua is he is consistent. Every week he seems to play good. Not one week 4tds and 400 yds and the next 1 td and 3 ints with 200 yds. I am excited to see what he can do with Lindsey at rb and hopefully Fuller, Parker, Waddle and G to finish the season. Fuller is a axx for what he has done so far ,however he is a top number 2 receiver when he plays. He could really change our offense if he plays our final games and as long as Parker stays healthy
Well put. I hate Fuller with a passion and can't wait for his release, but whilst he is being paid, he can make a difference if he ever sees the field. I really don't understand why we can't just put him on go routes even if he is missing a hand. Hell Gesecki catches sh* one handed every game. At least it keeps the fastest DB on him.

He needs to improve in recognizing that kind of stuff, but based on his body language, he was expecting Gaskin to block that guy. Gaskin's job was protect and he drifted left...at least that's how it looked. If he wasn't supposed to block, well, then it's all on Tua.
To be fair, Tua's ability to identify blitzes is a weakness. Yes, the sack Davis gave up against Buffalo was his fault, but the two previous sacks were both safety blitzes, and Tua failed to identify them.

To be fair, Tua's ability to identify blitzes is a weakness. Yes, the sack Davis gave up against Buffalo was his fault, but the two previous sacks were both safety blitzes, and Tua failed to identify them.
Yep...it sure is an area that needs improvement.

Well put. I hate Fuller with a passion and can't wait for his release, but whilst he is being paid, he can make a difference if he ever sees the field. I really don't understand why we can't just put him on go routes even if he is missing a hand. Hell Gesecki catches sh* one handed every game. At least it keeps the fastest DB on him.
If we don’t see Fuller vs the Jets, then I’m suing him on behalf of Mr. Ross for fraud/breach of contract.

None of our wins have been complete games. We have a LOT of improvements to make.

You combine that with losing and its bollocks. Combine that with winning and its the Dogs bollocks. LOL

Looking forward to seeing improvements in the 4th quarter of the season.

None of our wins have been complete games. We have a LOT of improvements to make.

You combine that with losing and its bollocks. Combine that with winning and its the Dogs bollocks. LOL

Looking forward to seeing improvements in the 4th quarter of the season.
I think the Ravens and Panthers games were complete wins. You have to consider the level of competition.

I think the Ravens and Panthers games were complete wins. You have to consider the level of competition.
The Ravens game the best of the bunch and I missed the Carolina game but I still see too many issues with play calling and our OL scheme and execution is a major limitation in all the games we have played.

As for the level of competition I would expect more complete games against lesser foes that the better ones.

Either way we have a lot of room to grow and that in my opinion is a real positive.

Parker is elite when healthy. Some wanted Preston Williams and/or Hollins to replace him. Parker is in a different league with the big boys.
I initially wanted parker gone but I have mixed feelings. I saw keep parker only if miami gets a WR via draft and FA who are good and not having a history of injuries and durable. Injury can hit any player even one's hardly injured. Butt then we can have parker providing that size and catching he can do. But it doesn't kill miami if parker is out in the season as they'll have other good WRs to play along with Waddle, Gesicki. If parker is back, then it really adds to the weapons. The problem is that miami got fuller known for injury issues then kept Williams so they were just as much of a problem as Parker

Back
Top Bottom