Positives from Dolphins Pats game! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from Dolphins Pats game!

Swollcolb

Active Roster
Reaction score
This will be my third year in a row now making these posts after every game wanna keep it going!

- Tua had a very solid game, he was confident and aggressive. He wasn’t perfect but I was pleased with what I saw.
- Jaylen Waddle and Devante Parker looked like a nice 1-2 punch, waddle had a great game minus the one drop and Parker can do 2 things run slants and catch jump balls at an elite levelX
- Jacoby Brissetts QB sneak ability, 2 conversions on 3rd and 1s. It’s not sexy but those are huge plays.
- Byron Jones had a really good game the blitz that forced a backward pass fumble, had a PBU and a few nice tackles. Very solid game.
- Xavien Howard’s game winning fumble recovery. Our best player came through in the biggest moment.
- Eric Rowes strip and Jevon Holland’s big hit that forced fumbles. I know the Holland play wasnt recovered but we had 3 DBs force fumbles and recovered 2 that’s huge.

Final Thoughts: it wasn’t perfect but we started off the season with a win, bills Jets and pats all lost giving us a nice head start in the division.

If our WRs stay healthy that will be a huge plus. Gonna need some magic from that staff because our OLine looks completely confused and just not strong.
Coach game planning was suspect against Mac as far as I’m concerned. Would like to more more more of Ahmed and Gaskin out of the backfield.

Last edited:
Disappointed in our big men. Both lines were dominated most of the game. Too many big runs against and not enough runs for our guys along with poor pass protection. Hopefully, this was just a matter of "chess" between Bill and Brian. Liam is not ready for LT and Austin was missed despite a poor pre-season. Where were our TE's? Gesicki should have been targeted much more often.

We need to run a fake QB sneak jump pass. Guaranteed to work.

Pretend you're running the sneak. Have Smythe slip the block and he's wide open at 10 yards open with nobody in front of him.

He. Could. Go. All. The. Way. !!!!

Some time you gotta win ugly. We scored 2 TD's NE scored 1 .... could only kick FG's at home against protégé who beats BB in Foxboro again.

That is a positive, to outscore the other team in TD's, and we did that today, even though it wasn't a game of dreams, I believe those games are on the horizon, just may be a few months from now to be honest, just win. That's all that matters, always.

Some time you gotta win ugly. We scored 2 TD's NE scored 1 .... could only kick FG's at home against protégé who beats BB in Foxboro again.

That is a positive, to outscore the other team in TD's, and we did that today, even though it wasn't a game of dreams, I believe those games are on the horizon, just may be a few months from now to be honest, just win. That's all that matters, always.
Flo 3-2 against ‘em, with a leg up for 4-2…Brady, Scam, Cheesy-Mac…don’t matter!

Don‘t F with the Flo!

Disappointed in our big men. Both lines were dominated most of the game. Too many big runs against and not enough runs for our guys along with poor pass protection. Hopefully, this was just a matter of "chess" between Bill and Brian. Liam is not ready for LT and Austin was missed despite a poor pre-season. Where were our TE's? Gesicki should have been targeted much more often.
my friends and i speculated that making sure gesicki didn't wreck them was this week's "Beli wrinkle" that he sold out to take away!

no idea if any of that is true!

This will be my third year in a row now making these posts after every game wanna keep it going!

- Tua had a very solid game, he was confident and aggressive. He wasn’t perfect but I was pleased with what I saw.
- Jaylen Waddle and Devante Parker looked like a nice 1-2 punch, waddle had a great game minus the one drop and Parker can do 2 things run slants and catch jump balls at an elite levelX
- Jacoby Brissetts QB sneak ability, 2 conversions on 3rd and 1s. It’s not sexy but those are huge plays.
- Byron Jones had a really good game the blitz that forced a backward pass fumble, had a PBU and a few nice tackles. Very solid game.
- Xavien Howard’s game winning fumble recovery. Our best player came through in the biggest moment.
- Eric Rowes strip and Jevon Holland’s big hit that forced fumbles. I know the Holland play wasnt recovered but we had 3 DBs force fumbles and recovered 2 that’s huge.

Final Thoughts: it wasn’t perfect but we started off the season with a win, bills Jets and pats all lost giving us a nice head start in the division.
Waddle, Parker, Rowe and Holland played well. X's strip/recovery was nice, but was it Byron on the blitz or Brandon?

my friends and i speculated that making sure gesicki didn't wreck them was this week's "Beli wrinkle" that he sold out to take away!

no idea if any of that is true!
I really want to watch it again and see what happened to Mikey G. Was he doubled up and knocked around, didn't notice what the deal was but he was invisible.

I really want to watch it again and see what happened to Mikey G. Was he doubled up and knocked around, didn't notice what the deal was but he was invisible.
he made that clutch play to get the first down late, but it was wiped out by kindley downfield illegally (or something like that)

great effort by him and tua-man!

he made that clutch play to get the first down late, but it was wiped out by kindley downfield illegally (or something like that)

great effort by him and tua-man!
Yes, out of the norm but Beli likes to do mysterious things. Side note, any Jalyn P sightings, saw him in a bit but nothing in stats.

I'm glad miami kept howard and paid him. Dude is a playmaker on defense and difference make like today. Just think how much shock there will be on sports media show if miami goes 2-0 lol. Hey it's not impossible. Bills are going to be very tough but they have their flaws as can see. And next game is home for miami I believe.

Back
Top Bottom