Positives from Dolphins Pats game! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from Dolphins Pats game!

Good stuff. At the same time, the problem I have with focusing on what happened with targets is that it is a flawed concept. The more important concept is percentage of targets per total pass plays. In other words, if you are barely even targeted that means your coverage was superb to the point the QB didn't even want to mess with you.

Who was guarding the WR's who went for 12 receptions for 133 yards? If that trio only allowed 56 yards, that leaves 77 yards unaccounted for...

Were they schemed into coverage by LB's and safeties?

RB's: 9 rec for 75 yards
TE's: 8 rec for 73 yards

Explains all the underneath stuff in front of the LBs
I think that was the plan. It seems like the LBS were keeping everything in front of them. I'm still looking for tape to rewatch but from what I've seen. Give up the yards but not the points

No, totally against bringing in vets with our money. We tried that a billion times over the last 20 years. Mike Wallace, Kong, Mario Williams, Van Noy, etc etc etc. It really doesn’t work in the NFL, vets always just looking for a pay day based on their previous work. I’m convinced vets take it easy with that last contract and are just waiting to sail off in the sunset. Draft, overturn your RBs every four years and pay the younger free agents
I'd extend Gesicki and Ogbah and go from there. Maybe add a quality offensive linemen in free agency depending on what's out there and how the young players progress on the line.

I think that was the plan. It seems like the LBS were keeping everything in front of them. I'm still looking for tape to rewatch but from what I've seen. Give up the yards but not the points
Yah we were allowing the short pass to the backs

Yah we were allowing the short pass to the backs
I was posting from the BFS before the game. Flo even mentioned the RBs in the passing game. And how the Pats rely on it on 3rd down....
We limited them to 16 points with the TD being questionable after that penalty. Our offense just needs to sharpen up. One or two more 3rs down conversations and we are talking the defense being dominant. But even with all the yards, it seems Flo was precise in his defensive scheme and execution the entire 60 minutes

Right. Tough offense to defend. As a defense, you've got to feel like it's a win to allow a four yard completion. But put a few of those together and you've got a first down.

That's really the Patriots way; conservative, take a few calculated throws downfield, usually to tight ends.

Miami didn't allow many big plays and tightened up in the redzone. Would have liked to see the Dolphins do better against the run game.

Watching game again, a MASSIVE play was 2nd and 5 with 2:30 to go.

Give to Malcolm Brown who appeared to be stopped after a yard. Jesse Davis and some other linemen absolutely shoved him another 3 yards making the 3rd and 1/2 yard easy for the Brissett to seal the game.

Hats off to Jesse on that play.
yup and to me the best play of the game was after the miami penalty made it 1st and 15 from something like our 15 yard line with 3:00 or so to go and tua hits Parker on the slant.. anybody else think that if we had to punt that NE gets the ball and comes down and kicks a GW Field goal with no time left.. huge throw by tua and then to get another 1st with malcolm brown and then the qb sneak was great.

I was posting from the BFS before the game. Flo even mentioned the RBs in the passing game. And how the Pats rely on it on 3rd down....
We limited them to 16 points with the TD being questionable after that penalty. Our offense just needs to sharpen up. One or two more 3rs down conversations and we are talking the defense being dominant. But even with all the yards, it seems Flo was precise in his defensive scheme and execution the entire 60 minutes

Holland likes contact Secondary is tuff

yup and to me the best play of the game was after the miami penalty made it 1st and 15 from something like our 15 yard line with 3:00 or so to go and tua hits Parker on the slant.. anybody else think that if we had to punt that NE gets the ball and comes down and kicks a GW Field goal with no time left.. huge throw by tua and then to get another 1st with malcolm brown and then the qb sneak was great.
I give DVP his props too. He came up with big boy plays at least twice yesterday.

He has been invisible, and injured at times in his career, but when his number is called and the ball is anywhere in the vicinity, he makes the crucial play a high percentage of the time.

OL needs to be upgraded again next offseason. Weakest group on this team. lets hope some of the young guys improve and grow with experience.
Do it thru free agency. I have no confidence in this organization drafting a good OL player.

Excellent observation.

Also, Malcolm Brown delivered. He did exactly what he was brought to do.

Back
Top Bottom