Positives from Dolphins Pats game! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from Dolphins Pats game!

Ya I’ll take what Flo has to say about teaching NFL players over Saban any day of the week. When it comes to mentoring, teaching, and leading NFL players, it’s fairly clear who is far superior.
And as a follow-up, here’s what Flo had to say on it:

”Is it easier to make corrections after a win? “There’s always corrections in every game. It’s always nice to make those corrections after a win. Definitely a lot of corrections we’re making now. If we make them, we’ll be better for them.”

He knows college football…completely different monster.
I would agree in terms of egos.

But I disagree in his ability to understand football. He has shown a perennial ability to change and adapt his team designs and philosophies.

Conversely, any NFL HC that goes to NCAA and fails, what does that say of him?

He isn't perfect. But rushing to overlook what he has accomplished just to bash him for abandoning our team is wrong. When he retires, Saban will be the greatest NCAA Football HC of all time. Throwing stones is disrespectful to someone who has set a bar no other human has achieved.

I would agree in terms of egos.

But I disagree in his ability to understand football. He has shown a perennial ability to change and adapt his team designs and philosophies.

Conversely, any NFL HC that goes to NCAA and fails, what does that say of him?

He isn't perfect. But rushing to overlook what he has accomplished just to bash him for abandoning our team is wrong. When he retires, Saban will be the greatest NCAA Football HC of all time. Throwing stones is disrespectful to someone who has set a bar no other human has achieved.
That’s exactly my point…the games are totally different. And it’s not hard to adapt when you know you have your pick of the best players available, predominantly.

Yep, when he retires he won’t be in the NFL hall of fame…IDGAF about college. I’m just saying I disregard that one statement he made about learning. He’s nowhere near an authority on NFL learning.

And for the record I’m not saying he doesn’t get the Xs and Os of the NFL…in case that was the next claim.

Last edited:
No, totally against bringing in vets with our money. We tried that a billion times over the last 20 years. Mike Wallace, Kong, Mario Williams, Van Noy, etc etc etc. It really doesn’t work in the NFL, vets always just looking for a pay day based on their previous work. I’m convinced vets take it easy with that last contract and are just waiting to sail off in the sunset. Draft, overturn your RBs every four years and pay the younger free agents
I feel free agency should be used to fill in what we didn't via the draft.

Who was guarding the WR's who went for 12 receptions for 133 yards? If that trio only allowed 56 yards, that leaves 77 yards unaccounted for...

Were they schemed into coverage by LB's and safeties?

RB's: 9 rec for 75 yards
TE's: 8 rec for 73 yards
Its the big games by the WRs that get you beat. If you play good RZ defense, RBs and TEs might put up big stats, but often won't score. WRs put up points.

Do it thru free agency. I have no confidence in this organization drafting a good OL player.
This is such hyperbole. Eichenberg, Kindley, Hunt, Deiter...all drafted by the team. All played Sunday on the road against a superbly coached team and we won. In reality, it shouldn't have been that close.

Horrible call on roughing the passer...on third down. Waddle dropped a (relatively) easy catch on Third down. We could have won this game by two TDs.

I give DVP his props too. He came up with big boy plays at least twice yesterday.

He has been invisible, and injured at times in his career, but when his number is called and the ball is anywhere in the vicinity, he makes the crucial play a high percentage of the time.
Esp vs the Patriots. He has dominated them over the years.

I feel free agency should be used to fill in what we didn't via the draft.
I think FA is to get the best players you can at the best possible price. You can still draft the same board.

Most overspends in FA are done on the first day or early in the signing period.

I like waiting for a few days...let the market settle down. See whats left.

Pittsburgh did a good job with that with Melvin Ingram. He is a good player.

I'm glad miami kept howard and paid him. Dude is a playmaker on defense and difference make like today. Just think how much shock there will be on sports media show if miami goes 2-0 lol. Hey it's not impossible. Bills are going to be very tough but they have their flaws as can see. And next game is home for miami I believe.

Yeah. I am going to chow down on some crow on this one. Early on, when I heard what X was saying, I was against us paying him. However, when it was all said and done, the deal seemed legit. Grier handled it well and I am glad X is happy. I know I am! The strip fumble was awesome and sealed the deal for us. Big, big play!

I was wrong! My bad!

george costanza ok GIF by HULU

Winning in week 1 is sweet....when its against the Pats at home? Thats all the better!!!

I can only hope Belicheat the so-called Genius loses more than last year and the crying really ramps up in NE as they become more & more aware who was really the driving force all those Championship years. The Gravy is that he is still playing at a high level just not in Foxboro...eating away at them im sure. Before its over they might be so jaded up there they hate Brady more than we do...Ironic no?

Cant wait to see fuller this week.

Can the bills afford to crowd the line to stop the run with all that speed at wr.?

The Wilson throw was an absolute dime but tremendous defense that only happens 10% of the time if that. Great throw.

refs definitely kept this close they earned their pay

Back
Top Bottom