Positives from Eagles game! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from Eagles game!

Swollcolb

Active Roster
Reaction score
-Obviously this has to start with Devante Parker, he was an absolute monster. Best player on the field from either team today, as crazy as it sounds that’s how great he played. The way he’s playing right now he’s making a late push to be our only pro bowler.
- Jason Sanders, the fake Fg play was awesome, obviously Haack made the play but sanders finished it off and had the Clutch 51 yard FG to clinch the game.
-Mike Gesicki career day (felt like ive said that a few times this year) a few close overthrows away from having a 100+ yard Receiving yards and multiple TDs.
- Chad O’Shea man gotta give this guy some props play calling was fantastic, pass heavy and really adjusted well to the early domination by Phillys D line.
-Fitzmagic was in full affect, dude is an absolute gamer and makes watching dolphins games fun again.
- Defense was pretty bad but the usuals were solid Godchaux, Wilkins, Charles Harris had a nice pressure shoulda had a sack. Egauveon has probably his best game, Van Ginkel had a nice blitz that forced a bad pass, and Lammons saved the day on a decent Hail Mary that coulda been caught, Needham had 1 really good PD. But overall are defense is atrocious.
-Patrick Laird continues to show he’s the best back on the team and should be our 3rd down back even once we add better talent at the position.
-Albert Wilson was huge today some nice catches, are leading rusher and honestly I didn’t think he was even gonna play for the rest of the season.
-and our draft stock didn’t take too bad of a hit since Redskins and Bengals both won also. Would have been nice to jump a few spots but developing players and building a culture is more important.

Gameball goes to Devante for sure. Gesicki made some big grabs too, he's coming along way better than what I expected after his rookie year. OL stepped up from the 1st quarter / 1st half or so. Defense wasnt great, but Needham looked okay again. Glad to see Baker back out there after being hurt originally

What did everyone think of Hartage? I remember the announcers blamed him for a pass (the 1st TD?) to the rb... but after that I dont recall him really being beat. But then again the defense was allowing dudes to catch passes all over

I am LOVING the improvement in Gesicki. I kept saying... don't write him off, don't write him off... TEs take time.

It's nice to get one right, but it is even better to realize that with Gesicki and Smythe, we have no need to draft a TE before the 6th or 7th round... if then.

And another positive for me personally. I needed a win in my Fantasy football league to make playoffs today. I started Devante Parker after he’d been on my bench most of the year, 36 points (PPR) and he pretty much won me fantasy also

Good call to start him vs the Eagles secondary, they always get torched.

Gesicki looks good and the Bungles won a game. Overall, could have been a better day if we'd manage to squeak out a loss against Doug Pederson's bum squad, but hey, we all know this team can't even lose properly.

Gameball goes to Devante for sure. Gesicki made some big grabs too, he's coming along way better than what I expected after his rookie year. OL stepped up from the 1st quarter / 1st half or so. Defense wasnt great, but Needham looked okay again. Glad to see Baker back out there after being hurt originally
In a way I could agree with the game ball. But in the end he did his job. We are just so elated about it because we are not used to multiple TD games from Parker. :lol: :cheers:

The only reason I would not give him the game ball because I slice it up into 3 pieces: one piece goes to our ST coach, one piece goes to Haak and the other goes to Sanders.
(Flores gets honorable mention for having the guts for that faked FG).
A punter to FG kicker pass completion? :lol: I have not seen that before in the NFL. Absolutely brilliant.

I hope everyone realizes how important that Sanders 51 yarder was, total clutch

I like Laird, but I try to improve at that spot also.

I’m dying to see Geiscki, Williams and Parker lining up next year.

I’m a Hurns fan, gonna be a nice third WR behind Parker and Preston.

Don’t like anyone injured, but am glad we may not see Ballage again.

Give Deiter more time next year. Too young to judge just yet. He has no help on that line to learn from

Can‘t imagine what this defensive backfield is gonna look like next year once we get help and get healthy and get a DE. These no names doing a fine job being coached up.

Flores means business. And kudos to our OC for having balls week in and week out.

This is the Mike Gesicki I saw at Penn State. He's finally comfortable and making his presence felt. Highly acrobatic and jumps through the roof.

And another positive for me personally. I needed a win in my Fantasy football league to make playoffs today. I started Devante Parker after he’d been on my bench most of the year, 36 points (PPR) and he pretty much won me fantasy also

Ugh, I sat him today

Back
Top Bottom