Positives from the Colts game! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from the Colts game!

Swollcolb

Active Roster
Reaction score
Here’s my weekly positivity thread!
- Jerome Bakers sack had me hyped, hes so fast and absolutely obliterated Hoyer.
-Steven Parker’s 1 handed TD steal was one of the crazier plays I’ve seen, still not sure how he ended up with that.
-Parker and Gesicki were both solid, I’m just looking for some semblance of consistency from these guys and their starting to show that. I’m giving Mike a pass on the fumble because Darius Leonard made a great play and mike was aggressive diving to get to the sticks.
-Nik Needham with his best game as a pro.
-Jason Sanders finally had a big game, perfect on FGs and they all were from pretty far out.
-Patrick Laird sighting, his snaps were limited but I hope we continue to give him looks I liked what I’ve seen.
- Already mentioned Needham and Parker. But McCain, Wiltz, Ryan Lewis all had their moments. Considering none of these guys minus Bobby were even on the team or expected to play big minutes for us it’s amazing how well that unit played today.
-Great coaching, team is starting to believe in the coaches which is something I’m not sure I’ve ever seen in my lifetime on a dolphins team. (Only in my 20s)
- John Jenkins run stuff on Marlon Mack I’m still not sure how he caught him, Mack broke off the initial pursuit and Jenkins stuck with him and chased him down. He was moving for a big guy.
- Conflicting emotions today, I’m having flashbacks to us starting 0-8 and thinking we’re gonna get Andrew luck to end up missing out on Luck, RG3 and then over drafting Tannehill. Kind of getting the same Feel but Tua and Burrow being the top 2 and us overdraftung herbert.

Did baker play the rest of game after injury? I know he came back in. But did he stay in? Hoping he is okay

The entire coaching staff. They took away the run game of the Colts which helped neutralize the Colts Fantastic Offensive Line. The secondary with a bunch of no name players made a name for themselves. They were HEROES even if for just one day. GREAT JOB!!!

That Jenkins play was something else, really outstanding.

I like what I see out of Geisicke and Parker. I hope next year Preston picks up where he left off and we draft a real RB.

The Parker INT was a smart and aggressive play - he kept fighting even after Greg Dumbell screamed “Touchdown”!!!

Good game for Sanders who’s been playing like fried chicken all year. Nailed 3 from 45+.

Jenkins - thought the same thing. How in the world did that big man chase him down?

My only knock on Baker - who was excellent today - was he went to celebrate his sack and didn’t realize he had forced a fumble. Not smart and deserves a trip to the TNT wall if you ask me.

Biegel forced a bad throw on a 3rd down w pressure. Who is this guy?

I did not like the Gesicki fumble / thought it was soft. But big picture the kid is growing.

I also think Frank Reich is a good coach - and we out coached them in prep today. I thought they were going to abuse us in the run game but it did not happen. Kudos to Flores and co.

Finally, one of the key stats for me in deciding if someone is a good HC or not is penalties. We all know about Shula and his legendary leading the league in fewest penalties a zillion times, or how NE can go 3 weeks without a holding call. There are exceptions (I think Pete Carroll’s Hawks had a lot of penalties the year they won it all) but in general, the fewer penalties the more you win. There is an absolute correlation there and this staff has done an amazing job at coaching the “stupid” out of the guys. It’s such a contrast to Gase or even Philbin where we had so many 10+ penalty games. I was following the Browns - Bills today and saw Jarvis score a TD and get flagged for taunting. They missed the 47 yard PAT and as a result needed a TD at the end vs a FG to tie it up. They got lucky but that kind of selfish, stupidity isn’t going to be seen very often w this coaching staff. And that’s a good thing.

The Parker INT was a smart and aggressive play - he kept fighting even after Greg Dumbell screamed “Touchdown”!!!

Good game for Sanders who’s been playing like fried chicken all year. Nailed 3 from 45+.

Jenkins - thought the same thing. How in the world did that big man chase him down?

My only knock on Baker - who was excellent today - was he went to celebrate his sack and didn’t realize he had forced a fumble. Not smart and deserves a trip to the TNT wall if you ask me.

I did not like the Gesicki fumble / thought it was soft. But big picture the kid is growing.

I also think Frank Reich is a good coach - and we out coached them in prep today. I thought they were going to abuse us in the run game but it did not happen. Kudos to Flores and co.

Finally, one of the key stats for me in deciding if someone is a good HC or not is penalties. We all know about Shula and his legendary leading the league in fewest penalties a zillion times, or how NE can go 3 weeks without a holding call. There are exceptions (I think Pete Carroll’s Hawks had a lot of penalties the year they won it all) but in general, the fewer penalties the more you win. There is an absolute correlation there and this staff has done an amazing job at coaching the “stupid” out of the guys. It’s such a contrast to Gase or even Philbin where we had so many 10+ penalty games. I was following the Browns - Bills today and saw Jarvis score a TD and get flagged for taunting. They missed the 47 yard PAT and as a result needed a TD at the end vs a FG to tie it up. They got lucky but that kind of selfish, stupidity isn’t going to be seen very often w this coaching staff. And that’s a good thing.
Honestly I’m not sure if Baker was celebrating, the RB was right behind baker and hoyers hand with the football went behind bakers head which actually jarred the ball loose. And baker turned around real quick like he was anticipating Hoyer dumping the ball off to the RB and then he got spun around and had no clue where the ball was

Honestly I’m not sure if Baker was celebrating, the RB was right behind baker and hoyers hand with the football went behind bakers head which actually jarred the ball loose. And baker turned around real quick like he was anticipating Hoyer dumping the ball off to the RB and then he got spun around and had no clue where the ball was
Plausible...

:up:

Great points. LOL on "coaching the stupid out of the guys." That's been such a big beef of mine over the last few years, how many games the Dolphins "stupided" themselves out of a win.

I didn't (and still don't) know who the heck Jenkins was. When I saw a big guy with that kind of speed, I assumed it had to be Wilkins. I was thinking "finally I see why this guy was a first round pick". And then I found out it was a ?

Agree, IMO definitely wasn’t celebrating, based on the way he hit Hoyer and so quickly turned around he thought Hoyer got the ball off.

He could have been looking for his “momma” as well.

Back
Top Bottom