Positives from this week Bye edition! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from this week Bye edition!

billicheck IS going to make a deal for one of the top qb's in this upcoming draft. He won't give up what it would take to land lawrence but if one or both are still hanging around 5-7, billy boy will work his magic. He is getting his team back next year and doesn't need 23 draft picks to be competitive again.
He wants Shula's record for most wins. I think he's something like 44 wins away but he's also 68 years old and he won't get to 10 wins with the team he has now.

That was always my belief. I posted it here and elsewhere. Avoiding details and simply looking at big picture generalities the quarterback has to be a massive favorite as most responsible. It's only the jealousy of Brady and his less than awesome stats that cause people to desperately believe it was majority Belichick.

Still a small sample beyond. No question Belichick would look better if he had a relaxed quarterback with some touch, instead of a line drive winger beyond his prime.

Brady is at the point right now where his offseason training regimen can fool the calendar early in the season. But later it catches up with him and the 43 years shows. I still don't think Dolphin fans grasp the significance of that week 17 upset at Foxboro last season. New England had an awesome defense but was in more dire need of a bye week than any team in the league, and certainly any time in the Brady/Belichick era.

Those playoffs could have unfolded entirely differently if the Patriots had a bye. New England lost that game despite allowing fewer than 300 yards and Tannehill passing sparingly and less than 5 YPA.

The Chiefs would not have had a bye if the Dolphins lose that game
With Brady's success so far in Tampa Bay that supports your thoughts.

I've never bought into the best ever arguments for Brady, but he doesn't make many mistakes. It's rare that he costs his team a game.

I do see limitations with him, though, that other elite quarterbacks don't/didn't have. So many athletes at the position now who can avoid a sack and make big plays down the field.

Obviously, Brady is one of the greatest.

With Brady's success so far in Tampa Bay that supports your thoughts.

I've never bought into the best ever arguments for Brady, but he doesn't make many mistakes. It's rare that he costs his team a game.

I do see limitations with him, though, that other elite quarterbacks don't/didn't have. So many athletes at the position now who can avoid a sack and make big plays down the field.

Obviously, Brady is one of the greatest.

A number of us believe Brady's talent is the mental part - film study, finding mismatches, reading Ds. With those skills, TB can excel on a solid team and that describes Tampa. He couldn't help the Jets or Giants.

Back to topic, I'm still nor convinced Rams are an elite team. Getting players healthy, getting TT reps with the 1s, finding ways to attack the O and D. Those are the positives.

Romo made a comment during the broadcast that the Patriots problems on offense look fundamental and won't be fixed anytime soon, I have to agree with him.

The offense opening a can on that San Francisco defense a few weeks ago is looking better by the week.

A number of us believe Brady's talent is the mental part - film study, finding mismatches, reading Ds. With those skills, TB can excel on a solid team and that describes Tampa. He couldn't help the Jets or Giants.

Back to topic, I'm still nor convinced Rams are an elite team. Getting players healthy, getting TT reps with the 1s, finding ways to attack the O and D. Those are the positives.
Good point. I think Brady has elite qualities, durability (huge), accuracy (short, intermediate), decision making. He compares favorably to his peers like Brees and Manning. I know a lot of people will list him #1 simply because of the championships and I think that's a little lazy. He's almost always been on teams with great defenses and he's had great talent around him like Moss, Gronk, Edelman etc. TB is absolutely loaded on offense.

The Rams game will be interesting. I can't wait to see how the offense looks with Tua.

Defensively, we approached the Patriots game incorrectly, I think. He didn't beat us with his arm. We tried to adjust as the game went on, but without a preseason, and with a somewhat hobbled X, it was too late.
As the season has progressed, the other teams have adapted to a go-ahead-and-throw-on-us mentality towards Cam, and have instead treated him like a wishbone QB. The Patriots lack any real talent at WR and RB, so Cam is being forced to do it all, and well... he isn't 24 any longer. As the season progresses and he gets more and more body bruises... he'll slow down even more. There is a reason that he's on a one year deal.

Good point. I think Brady has elite qualities, durability (huge), accuracy (short, intermediate), decision making. He compares favorably to his peers like Brees and Manning. I know a lot of people will list him #1 simply because of the championships and I think that's a little lazy. He's almost always been on teams with great defenses and he's had great talent around him like Moss, Gronk, Edelman etc. TB is absolutely loaded on offense.

The Rams game will be interesting. I can't wait to see how the offense looks with Tua.
Brady having great talent around him on offense is a bit of a stretch, imo.

Brady only played with Moss for 2 years and should get some credit for helping to resurrect his career. Moss was not a part of a team that won a SB.

Gronk for 6 of the 9 years he was a Patriot was definitely a great talent. Two years Gronk only played 7 and 8 games games. Two other years Gronk only played in 11 games and was worn down in 2018 looking like a shadow of his former self. Absolutely a difference maker when he was available and should be a 1st ballot HOF.

Edelman and Welker were not great talents. Brady's game led them to have some great years and develop into great players. Without Brady both those players most likely would just be considered jag's.

It is fair to say he had stability at LT between Matt Light and Nate Solder, but doubt either of those two are worthy of the HOF. Logan Mankins has a shot with the 7 pro bowls on his resume but only a member of 1 SB win.

Brady having great talent around him on offense is a bit of a stretch, imo.

Brady only played with Moss for 2 years and should get some credit for helping to resurrect his career. Moss was not a part of a team that won a SB.

Gronk for 6 of the 9 years he was a Patriot was definitely a great talent. Two years Gronk only played 7 and 8 games games. Two other years Gronk only played in 11 games and was worn down in 2018 looking like a shadow of his former self. Absolutely a difference maker when he was available and should be a 1st ballot HOF.

Edelman and Welker were not great talents. Brady's game led them to have some great years and develop into great players. Without Brady both those players most likely would just be considered jag's.

It is fair to say he had stability at LT between Matt Light and Nate Solder, but doubt either of those two are worthy of the HOF. Logan Mankins has a shot with the 7 pro bowls on his resume but only a member of 1 SB win.
I can see that. It's just people act like he had no talent around him on offense and that simply wasn't the case. Gronk will go down as one of the best tight ends of all-time and Edelman has a shot at the HOF as well. At one time, NE had both Gronk and Hernandez at tight end. Moss was still great in New England. Like you said, they always protected him and I'll add they had a defense that could win games.

I realize it's probably coming across like I'm dissing Brady and really I'm not. I recognize he's one of the best ever. His 2007 season was one of the top ones I've ever seen from a quarterback. It's just when you're talking best ever, you've got to factor in everything. Super Bowls are a team thing, which the quarterback is obviously a big part of.

Personally, I'd put Brady slightly ahead of Peyton Manning and Brees when ranking him against his peers. But, he can't do the things Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers can do. They add the big-play element that Brady can only dream of. Brady doesn't avoid pressure that well either. If his career continues as strongly as it started, I think Mahomes could pass up Brady as well.

I’ve never thought brady was the greatest QB ever, but most accomplished is a better term. But I do have to admit early in Brady’s career he had almost no major receiving weapons. NE would cycle through a bunch of journeymen every year and Brady would still make them look good, it wasn’t until about halfway through his career they realized oh let’s surround him with talent

If only Gase could have found a way to beat the Bills. If Gase brings Lawrence to the Jets I will hate him more than any coach in history.

Back
Top Bottom