Positives from this week Bye edition! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from this week Bye edition!

Would have been a problem for him 1st time around if Byron Jones played that game.
Yup I really think missing Jones was the biggest factor in the Bills and Seahawks games. Not saying we win but every time you turned around Igbo was beaten or coverages were blown. Eliminate that and it’s an interesting game.

So it was more Brady than Belichick after all.
That was always my belief. I posted it here and elsewhere. Avoiding details and simply looking at big picture generalities the quarterback has to be a massive favorite as most responsible. It's only the jealousy of Brady and his less than awesome stats that cause people to desperately believe it was majority Belichick.

Still a small sample beyond. No question Belichick would look better if he had a relaxed quarterback with some touch, instead of a line drive winger beyond his prime.

Brady is at the point right now where his offseason training regimen can fool the calendar early in the season. But later it catches up with him and the 43 years shows. I still don't think Dolphin fans grasp the significance of that week 17 upset at Foxboro last season. New England had an awesome defense but was in more dire need of a bye week than any team in the league, and certainly any time in the Brady/Belichick era.

Those playoffs could have unfolded entirely differently if the Patriots had a bye. New England lost that game despite allowing fewer than 300 yards and Tannehill passing sparingly and less than 5 YPA.

The Chiefs would not have had a bye if the Dolphins lose that game

That’s what it seems like. Now Brady is having Tampa build a super team. How in the hell is any defense going to stop Tampa once AB joins. Granted he has been out of FB for a while but look at all the weapons. This is the best team Brady has been on. I have been hoping that Brady would choke but damn.

That was always my belief. I posted it here and elsewhere. Avoiding details and simply looking at big picture generalities the quarterback has to be a massive favorite as most responsible. It's only the jealousy of Brady and his less than awesome stats that cause people to desperately believe it was majority Belichick.

Still a small sample beyond. No question Belichick would look better if he had a relaxed quarterback with some touch, instead of a line drive winger beyond his prime.

Brady is at the point right now where his offseason training regimen can fool the calendar early in the season. But later it catches up with him and the 43 years shows. I still don't think Dolphin fans grasp the significance of that week 17 upset at Foxboro last season. New England had an awesome defense but was in more dire need of a bye week than any team in the league, and certainly any time in the Brady/Belichick era.

Those playoffs could have unfolded entirely differently if the Patriots had a bye. New England lost that game despite allowing fewer than 300 yards and Tannehill passing sparingly and less than 5 YPA.

The Chiefs would not have had a bye if the Dolphins lose that game

I think that with the Patriots, Brady was carrying the load and it was wearing on him later in the season. Now with the players he has in Tampa, Brady doesn’t have to work as hard. The Raiders are a pretty good team. I saw Brady pick them apart. He would set back in the pocket and pick whichever WR he wanted.

Another positive from this week is we moved into 2nd place in points allowed with 18.83 per game. Zona was ahead of us but the Hawks fixed that problem by halftime. Now we only trail the Ravens who is giving up 17.3 per game.

It could have been a much better weekend if the Bengals could have held on, and the Bills would have lost, but at least the Raiders lost. Right now the wildcard race looks like the Raven will have one of them, the Browns have an awfully easy schedule and a 5-2 record, and the colts are 4-2. So we have to get ahead of the colts and win the Raiders game to have a real shot at the Wildcard. We may have an easier time of winning the division. The pats could beat the Bills next week and that would really help our cause.

Another positive from this week is we moved into 2nd place in points allowed with 18.83 per game. Zona was ahead of us but the Hawks fixed that problem by halftime. Now we only trail the Ravens who is giving up 17.3 per game.

It could have been a much better weekend if the Bengals could have held on, and the Bills would have lost, but at least the Raiders lost. Right now the wildcard race looks like the Raven will have one of them, the Browns have an awfully easy schedule and a 5-2 record, and the colts are 4-2. So we have to get ahead of the colts and win the Raiders game to have a real shot at the Wildcard. We may have an easier time of winning the division. The pats could beat the Bills next week and that would really help our cause.
Was just discussing this last night. There’s probably gonna be 5 teams competing for 3 wild card spots. Two teams in the afc north, colts, raiders and us. Thats assuming the bills win the division which is far from a given. Afc north are gonna play each other and the colts and raiders are far from world beaters. If we get high level qb play from tua, we’ll be in it til the end

I wouldn’t sleep on the Non-Brady Pats just yet. Didn’t they have more starters sit out the year due to COVID-19 than any other team?

I have never ever ever rooted for the Jets but when I tuned in and saw 10-3, I thought huh maybe they will win are **** up their draft. That is the closest I've came to rooting for them ever, but really I was rooting for them to **** things up on a grander scale so it really wasn't rooting per se.

I have never ever ever rooted for the Jets but when I tuned in and saw 10-3, I thought huh maybe they will win are **** up their draft. That is the closest I've came to rooting for them ever, but really I was rooting for them to **** things up on a grander scale so it really wasn't rooting per se.
Lol jets scored a TD, didn’t give up a TD and still nearly lost by double digits

But that’s not the reason cam newton sucked yesterday
No. But it is affecting their ability to win games this year. Whether Cam is done or not, getting all those players back next year is going to help the Pats be more competitive again.

billicheck IS going to make a deal for one of the top qb's in this upcoming draft. He won't give up what it would take to land lawrence but if one or both are still hanging around 5-7, billy boy will work his magic. He is getting his team back next year and doesn't need 23 draft picks to be competitive again.

Back
Top Bottom