Positives from today and MNF!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from today and MNF!!!

Swollcolb

Active Roster
Reaction score
Was on a cruise so did not post last week so gonna do a combo of positives from the last 2 weeks!
1) Mike Gesicki has developed into a legitimate weapon in the passing game, he’s a mismatch and teams will have to start game planning to stop him which should open up opportunities for other players as well.
2) Preston Williams, he’s shown glimpses since he’s gotten here and continues to progress we have the making of multiple offensive weapons which is awesome.
3) Xavien Howard’s play vs Steelers before getting hurt and put on IR was encouraging nice to see him get an Int last week, get healthy for next season.
4) Jamal Wiltz play at CB has been encouraging, he’s been physical got the INT today but he’s shown signs of being a player.
5) We have the best Duo of interior DLineman since Soliai and Starks, Godchaux and Wilkins are both players, - bunch of tackles and 2 sacks for those guys today.
6) Baker, McMillan and Biegel all made plays today. Raekwon’s blitz that forced the Darnold INT was a thing of beauty.
7) Devante Parker with a career season, he hasn’t been hurt all season that’s crazy, 4 TDs and even though he still drops some easy ones he makes up for it with some crazy contested catches.
8) Flores is better than Gase and it’s not even close.

I was particularly impressed with DeVante Parker's fire and passion today. I think he holds a grudge against Gase for the way he treated him? The Offensive Line was solid. A bunch of lunch pail types that battle in the trenches. Absolutely love Boehm, the guy is an absolute baller. Gesicki has come a long way. Thank god for coaches who know how to use him. For at least one day the Miami Dolphins were Hero's to their fans.

Last edited:
Definitely a little bittersweet, I don’t think we will get the number 1 pick. I think Flores and the coaching staff is too good and I believe we will win 2-3 more games this year. I’m still hopeful we land a top 2 pick. I think Tua and Chase Young are both number 1 pick worthy prospects and I think Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert bare top 10 worthy prospects.

The best line is the Jets are 6-1 against Miami with Gase as a head coach in the game

I’ve been super critical of Nik Needham also. And I still don’t think he’s very good but he was a sound tackler and had a great CB blitz sack today. Still don’t think he’s an NFL corner but he’s getting better each game

Today was my Super Bowl. They can lose the rest of the games, but I wanted this win. And I’m glad that the players are playing hard and improving bit by bit every week. As long as they play to their potential (and for some of them, it’s pretty limited), that’s all I ask. And good on Flores today!

I know it is just one victory, but this offensive line is getting better. Instead of 8-9 new guys next year we could add 3 solid players to the line and actually be above average. Our Defensive line is one Chase Young or Elite DE away from being solid. Add a tackle to backup Wilkins and Godchaux and we should be good. Another a top flight CB to pair with Howard and Wiltz being number 3 CB and we are solid. Add a mid-round RB and Receiver and we will be a competitive team next year. Use one of our first rounders for a QB (Burrow?) and we have a young nucleus, 2nd year in the system and a Head Coach gaining confidence. Winning is contagious.

I was particularly impressed with DeVante Parker's fire and passion today. I think he holds a grudge against Gase for the way he treated him? The Offensive Line was solid. A bunch of lunch pail types that battle in the trenches. Absolutely love Boehm, the guy is an absolute baller. Gesicki has come a long way. Thank god for coaches who know how to use him. For at least one day the Miami Dolphins were Hero's to their fans.

Here's Parker and Gase during the pregame warmups.

Back
Top Bottom