Positives from today! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from today!

I live in FL but am vacationing in New York City this weekend, and I decided to stop by Slatterys Midtown Pub today to see what the Dolfans NYC group was like. It was well worth it. The bar was full of fans in Dolphins attire who were making a lot of noise. It was a great atmosphere.

we reached the 1/4 point. We are 25% of the way there!

giphy.gif

The only thing that can stop the brilliant destiny of this team is the pernicious plague that is Chris Grier.

Remove Grier in favor of a real GM and the Dolphins will become a perennial power house.

The Rosen trade was an abomination.

Say what you will, but each game has been less ugly than the one before it. I guess that's something.

I said sort of the same thing in another thread where fans were criticizing the coaching staff.

Yes, they’re still a bad team, but there has been some noticeable improvement.

And let’s be fair, they’ve not been getting destroyed by other cellar dwellers. They’ve faced 4 potential playoff teams and several good defenses.

The first game was an abomination. But every game since has seen some improvement and have been more competitive for longer periods of time.

I don’t even believe the Patriots games was as bad as the final score looked. The defense had yielded 23 points until 2 pick sixes and another late, garbage time TD made it look far worse.

Did this last week and wanna try and do it every week to find some kind of positives. Was able to go to today’s game and watch it live! Here’s my thoughts:

1) Raekwon McMillan had his best game as a Miami Dolphin, he was flying around in the run game and thumping people. Coaching staff knows how to use him and it’s been fun to watch.

2) Taco Charlton with his second sack. And he made a nice play on a screen and I believe had a pressure on the 4th down stop we had. Not 100% sure if he got credited for a pressure but sure seemed like he hurried rivers live. Our pass rush is non existent, so even the smallest of flashes by Taco are exciting.

3) Godchaux and Wilkins are so solid, saw both with multiple run stuffs both dudes make plays In run game.

4) Parker was solid caught all his targets 4 for 70 and a TD.

5) Drake ran the ball hard, probably his best game so far.

6) Oline played pretty solid in first half, was petrified to see Isaiah Prince starting but they weren’t that bad. Definitely nowhere close to good but the coaching staff seems to give these guys help. Where as In previous years cough cough Gase cough would put a 3rd string OT on an island by themselves and watch them get beat for sacks every play.

7) Man did Tua look great on Saturday, he has like 6 TDS and was throwing it all over against Ole Miss.

8) The fans at the game today were awesome, the tail gates were top notch, fans were engaged and cheering hard for most of the game. The Die hards really showed out at hard rock stadium and that’s what it’s all about. On the way to the game people asked me “your really going to the game”. Like it’s embarrassing or something, but at the game there was none of that fans turned up had a good time and atmosphere was great

Well thought out post. I pretty much agree with most of how you see it.

It surely beats all the overly negative, over reactive “fire everyone” and “tanking” threads.

I'm hopefully of Isaiah Prince developing into a quality starting RT. He played better than expected on Sunday. Boehm playing next to him truly had a positive affect on Prince. They opened up some holes in the run game. Problems started in pass protection once the Chargers threw everything but the kitchen sink at the Offensive Line in the 2nd half. But overall that combo along the OLine was ok. Taco Charlton may be a revelation in the hybrid role. Glad to see him playing well in just a short period of time.

Back
Top Bottom