Positives from today! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from today!

I'm hopefully of Isaiah Prince developing into a quality starting RT. He played better than expected on Sunday. Boehm playing next to him truly had a positive affect on Prince. They opened up some holes in the run game. Problems started in pass protection once the Chargers threw everything but the kitchen sink at the Offensive Line in the 2nd half. But overall that combo along the OLine was ok. Taco Charlton may be a revelation in the hybrid role. Glad to see him playing well in just a short period of time.

Considering the OL newbies, not surprised they struggled against stunts and twists

Well, this was the most difficult stretch of games for the Dolphins. Four teams that made the playoffs last year, one that was super bowl champions. Miami isn't close to competitive and that is a sad truth. I know some fans will say that at least Miami played the Chargers evenly for about two quarters. I guess that's something. Rosen had a nice start to the game as well and the defense did a pretty good job against the run.

Disappointed to see the coaching staff fail to come up with adjustments at the half. I'm not sure this group is the long-term answer and that's as big a question as the quarterback of the future.
I too am disappointed with halftime adjustments too. Seems like the last two games, we’ve been in the first half, then crumble second half due to adjustments.

Walton looked better than Ballage on his limited snaps. I hope we see more of him, he’s smaller but runs harder, and can catch.

Happy Prince got in there.

Happy Boehm got in there.

Happy it's Rosen starting, and the Fitzy era is receding in the rear view mirror.

Happy Houston lost again.

Happy it seems they're starting to realize Ballage should never be in the game.

Happy Reshad is back out there.

Happy DeVante is currently healthy and showing flashes of the skill he displayed at Louisville.

Happy I picked up Wayne Gallman and played him as my flex in Fantasy.

Happy Coach Flo and the staff get to perfect their coaching craft in a season when things like that don't matter.

Look my Brethren:

This is a brand new team with very young players. It takes time to gel. Once everyone is bought in and stability hits with consistency you will see results in wins (5-6 games in). But, every week we want to see improvement and we believe we will see it in the next 12 games as the schedule get a lot easier. I have been a fan of our Miami Dolphins since 1982 (37+ years started at age 12). I went two Super Bowls when I lived in California back in 1983 Super Bowl XVII and when Danny played in 1985 Super Bowl XIX. We loss both. But, as a fan you we knew we were destined to go back we had Dan "Freakin" Marino. Well we have not and that is the pain we all feel since he retired in 1999. We have now had 21 QB's take the field since that time. We were spoiled back then in the 1980's and 1990's. Because our team was good always and competitive always. Now, we have to go through this in order for us to get better and we have no choice. I do not agree with "tanking." But, I do agree with "re-building around Josh Rosen." Build from the inside out. Draft a QB if he's there anyone who fits our system and scheme (it does not have to be Tua it can be someone else). All of the other picks for 2020 get Best.Player. Available. and keep building and don't stop. Have a QB competition in 2020 (Rosen and whoever?). In free agency grab what is needed to fill holes but don't overspend save some money. I personally never miss a game WIN or LOSE since 1982 when I saw us beat the Jets 14-0 to go to the Super Bowl.

I am intrigued to see how it all unfolds with the next 12 games. Need to show me IMPROVEMENT/CONSISTENCY/STABILITY/COHESIVENESS/RESULTS/COACHING/IN-GAME ADJUSTMENTS/TIME MANAGEMENT/and most important WINNING. That's all we ask for in this season. If we win games (4) that in itself would be a huge accomplishment with this roster (WOULD YOU ALL NOT AGREE). We want to see Joshua grow and become our F.QB, I think he can and I am rooting for him to become our franchise quarterback. It would be a win-win situation. We as fans would be ecstatic to have a FQB and future FQB we draft on the same roster next year. FINS UP BABY!!! Us fans are EXCITED but, we are also cautious because it may fail much more miserably than it is now and more and more will jump ship because it be the same **** show of the last 20 years. But, I am a lifer and I want to see them hoist a 3rd Lombardi Trophy before I die. GO DOLPHINS restore our GLORY!!!! Make the fanbase believe it can be great again.

Raekwon top grade

A little bit of hesitation on the goal line to attack the los resulting in a td and he overran an off tackle play forcing it back inside but overall Raekwon was very solid.

Top grade in the game.

Raekwon top grade

A little bit of hesitation on the goal line to attack the los resulting in a td and he overran an off tackle play forcing it back inside but overall Raekwon was very solid.

Top grade in the game.

Damn. Hoops giving a good grade on a Dolphins LB? He must have played really well because you rip that group more than any other. For good reason.

I think we might end up finding more keepers or just play solid starters from this current team then we might've thought.

There are already keepers on the team and, I suspect, more will reveal themselves. No, not the 53 All-Pro players some seem to think every other team has, but solid starters.

Damn. Hoops giving a good grade on a Dolphins LB?

Ego is playing at a replace me level as a starter.

It was the best game for Jerome baker too.

But ego eegads.

Others that are playing at a replace me level Eric Rowe, and Charles harris.

Reshad missed too many tackles in space also

Other positives. Taco Charltons redirect in space. U don’t make some of those space tackles if you can’t redirect damn well.

Needs to do more vs tackles. Very fluid in the hips

Rashad made one good tackle and missed 4 or 5 more. He was beat all day by Rivers. Taco is making Harris look like crappola.

Rosen’s had two good half’s and two bad ones.

But even on the good half’s he needs to score some more of dem points

Doesn’t help that the kicker is in full tank mode

Raekwon top grade

Top grade in the game.
Very good player for the ask.

Eguavon is invisible.

I'd like to find some positives but keep in mind the Chargers were missing like half their team and a few more got hurt during the game. At the end of the day I just want to see some players improve and to see who's going to be here moving forward. Wish they'd give Laird a chance and Myarick too. Why not promote him from the PS? Our TE's have done nothing so far.

Back
Top Bottom