Positives from today’s game week 6 edition! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from today’s game week 6 edition!

Feel free to watch the replay of the game to see how often the Redskins blitzed Fitz early. They stopped when he was gunning it for positive yards and first downs constantly.

I guess another positive from the game is the fact that there aren't 10,000 posts here today demanding we start Fitz.

No, Boehm played at RG. Deiter is struggling no doubt

Wait was Dieter the LG for the 1st half?

Oh god I was so busy looking at numbers I didn't look at names, and my hubris for some reason said "Dieter is a RG. That's likely the shitty Colt we traded for in the offseason"

If you are TUA why do you come out a year early to join this train wreck? Stay in college another year, win another National Championship, and join a team whose offensive line is not a set of Subway Turnstiles. BTW, that last comment could be interpreted as being an insult to Subway Turnstiles. If you took it that way I apologize....

He's going to be drafted #1 overall by a shitty team regardless. So either the Bengals or Dolphins. Cincinnati or Miami. Where would I want to live if I am from Hawaii, and have spent my past 3 years in Alabama?

If you are TUA why do you come out a year early to join this train wreck? Stay in college another year, win another National Championship, and join a team whose offensive line is not a set of Subway Turnstiles. BTW, that last comment could be interpreted as being an insult to Subway Turnstiles. If you took it that way I apologize....

Well, if you're Tua, there are pros and cons to each side. He is almost a lock to go #1 overall in 2020. What happens if he gets injured late next college season? Or Lawrence overtakes him in 2021 as the top QB should he decide to declare early? Probably not a huge risk because he will still go high in spite of what might happen. I also heard that Tua is set to graduate early so why go back if that's true?

Also, if he has a good agent, he will know that Miami is set up for the future better than any of the other bad teams in the league. No telling who will be picking #1 in 2021 but I would much rather start a career in Miami over a place like Cincinnati. Miami is set up to turn it over fast with all the draft picks and cap space.

Another selling point is that we may be in a position to draft Tua and Jerry Jeudy.

But I guess you never know until you know.

This is why Deiter was such a critical pick, and we really need him to turn out to be at least avg. So far I'm not seeing it. And yet another problem with the Rosen pick is we could have taken McCoy and had C locked up for the next decade. Instead we come out of the draft with 0 pieces at the moment. Jesse Davis would be a great rotational backup type guy, he's barely starting caliber if compared to good teams in the league. But I suppose we will be stuck with him at one spot bc we can't fill 5 in one off season.

I would personally sign 2 above avg/elite lineman in FA (assuming they are available), then I draft a lineman with our 2nd or 3rd pick in the first round, and then another one in the middle rounds. Position would depend on what we do in FA, but 2 elite C should be available in the first round in Biadaz and Creed Humphrey.

There is still time for Deiter but like I said, I would not rely on it too much. Davis struggled in the first half of the Was game as well. Not too surprising considering how much he has had to move around as well as the injury.

I keep hearing people talk about a great OL class in free agency this year but I am not seeing it. They are either 30+ or injury prone like Scherff. Good player but he can't stay on the field. I'm not paying a premium for that AGAIN. That has gotten us in a lot of trouble before. Stop the madness.

I mean, look at this list...Free Agent OL

They can certainly upgrade on what we have now but I don't see anyone I am paying big money to sign. I think we have to go hot and heavy at OL in the draft....like 2nd and 3rd first rounders as well as another 2nd round pick.

I really didn't see too many positives except for Walton. He gives a 100% out there. Rosen was basically getting raped out there, as soon as that ball was hiked they were on him like a bum on a cheese sandwich. When Fitz came in I don't look at it as a positive, the Skin D seemed to lay back in zone coverage more at that point but I don't know why. Start Fitz another game and we all know the result.
A bum on a cheese sandwich? All I can say is wow... ...

No, Boehm played at RG. Deiter is struggling no doubt

My concern with Deiter is not his bad plays. It is the complete lack of any good plays where I am pumped by him smacking someone in the running game or stonewalling a rusher. Prince has numerous poor plays, but I have seen two or three dominant running play snaps from him. None yesterday, but I saw them against the Charger. It is way too early for being down on Deiter, but I will not feel anything positive toward him until he delivers at least one winning snaps.

Back
Top Bottom