Positives from today’s game week 6 edition! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from today’s game week 6 edition!

We totally robbed the Saints with the trade of Kiko for Biegel. Biegel was overshadowed his whole career. First with being the other guy, opposite TJ Watt, and then buried behind veterans in Green Bay and New Orleans.

Finding Biegel allows the Dolphins to draft other positions next year.

I gave the OP a like cause it’s a nice post but I don’t need to see any more of Chitzpatrick. He sucks and no matter what he did today he still sucks and he’s unwatchable as a starter.
The only reason I liked Fitzpatrick at QB is because his aggressiveness allows guys like Gesicki and Preston Williams chances to make plays down the field and help them develop and gain confidence. He’s not good by any means and will make some boneheaded plays. But I feel like Rosen has been looking more lost every week, and his play has declined instead of slowly improved.

The only reason I liked Fitzpatrick at QB is because his aggressiveness allows guys like Gesicki and Preston Williams chances to make plays down the field and help them develop and gain confidence. He’s not good by any means and will make some boneheaded plays. But I feel like Rosen has been looking more lost every week, and his play has declined instead of slowly improved.
What’s odd is that in the games Fitz started he wasn’t really doing that as compared to Rosen’s first few starts where he’d go deep to guys. We just are woeful no matter what. If you look at our team statistics, the comparisons of “for” and “against” are staggering. For example pure no of first downs or touchdowns is like 23 to 4. I really don’t see how we win a game no matter who plays QB for us this year.

What’s odd is that in the games Fitz started he wasn’t really doing that as compared to Rosen’s first few starts where he’d go deep to guys. We just are woeful no matter what. If you look at our team statistics, the comparisons of “for” and “against” are staggering. For example pure no of first downs or touchdowns is like 23 to 4. I really don’t see how we win a game no matter who plays QB for us this year.
The real problem isn't the qb play but the offensive line play. We have no running game as they suck at run blocking and we can't run too many deep routes as they can't pass block for very long. Play action passes aren't overly effective due to the lack of a run game and they get both overpowered and beat by speed rushers.

Our o-line is so poor that it doesn't allow us to dip into much of a playbook at all. How do you find 5 new starters for an O-line in 1 year. That will be the biggest task.

Lets not forget what got fitzPICKtric benched in the first place.

Even in tank town, the backup qb is always the hero.

Catch the ball or not Drake wouldn't have gotten a single step in the direction of the EZ with the defender hitting him the second he caught it. Stupid play call after throwing 239 screens during the game.

That play call came straight from the Gase playbook. Now I know that the management is actively tanking. That call at that time to a bumbling Drake, and the fact that they refused to go into the season with a competent o-line suggests that they don't want to win... either that, or Grier and Flores are completely inept.

Catch the ball or not Drake wouldn't have gotten a single step in the direction of the EZ with the defender hitting him the second he caught it. Stupid play call after throwing 239 screens during the game. They knew there had to be one more in there and it might as well have been there.

Correct. Terrible play call

Offensive line. It looked like the left side struggled, but the right side didnt. Anyone else agree? Deiter lood like he struggles

I know the offensive line has a lot to do with it, but this team needs an upgrade at running back. I think Drake can be a complementary back, but they need someone who can handle a larger number of carries.

Back
Top Bottom