Positives from today’s game! | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from today’s game!

Are we seeing another QB held back by coaching?

I'm tired of the rationale that greatness is developed slowly and that we must earn the right to have a young QB who can hit it right from the start.

83 yards.
169 yards.
248 yards.
93 yards.

Some players do develop slower.

But I'm tired of pretending like we didn't draft a QB who is a "generational" type talent only to be dazzled by 593 yards in 4 starts.

If he cannot handle it, draft a replacement. If the coaches can't handle him, hire their replacements.

But stop pretending we must hold him back completely in compliance with some grand plan that has no proof of working.

If holding him back helps his development, what's the impact of being benched? Seems someone is failing; coach or player?

Stop hindering his play calling because the staff can't handle his success.
Tua averaged 4.1 ypa yesterday yet you think lack if yardage was on the coaching staff holding him back?

id give him one of them sacks for sure held it too long. But come on man kindley was horrid prior to the switch. He’s playing depth level these days.

best thing they did was pull him. Get Hunt some right guard reps in practice. That holding call on hunt in space was a joke. That damn lead official was a joke.

I’d fire his *** tonight for what he called. That dudes a joke
Hoops, I couldn't agree more. He's calling TDs and the ball is on the 3 yard line. Who paid him? Wow!

Is it possible we are overreacting? Look Arizona has looked good, despite losing Thursday, since we beat them and the Rams and Chargers look good this weekend. Maybe we had a bad game more than we were exposed. Why is it always the worst case? Let’s be patient and let it play out.

We showed that we dont belong in the playoffs. We'd get smoked by any of the teams that make it. We were a goal-line fumble away from being down by 14 pts against a 3-6 Denver team. We're not good.
Dude so what is your point? Who cares? You saying you don’t want them to make playoffs because they don’t deserve it or will get blown out? Whatever. I will take playoffs and meaningful football as long as I can. More meaningful games for Dolphins the better.

Yeah. It was pretty devastating in that regard. Not only did we lose to an opponent that we shouldn't lose to if we wanted to be a playoff team, it's that everyone except the Patriots (basically in life support already) and Las Vegas (who we have on our schedule and who played as well as you could against the top team in the league while still losing) won, and in games they shouldn't have either. Oh, and the Ravens, but both them and the Titans had an equal record going in, so it didn't matter. Our last 4 games are an uphill battle and so our playoff chances took an absolutely terrible hit today...especially when our offense was so brutally exposed (defense wasn't great either, but we know we could have won that game with a moderate offensive effort.). That offense was just unwinnable bad...and its something that feels entirely possible could be repeated.

After today we have to confront that playoffs just aren't likely anymore. Possible, of course, but improbable. And it would have been immensely different had we won. That really sucks. Playoffs feel so special to me since I really became a true diehard in 2002, and that was the first of the choke being the rule, and 2008 and 2016 being exceptions that felt like a divine miracle.
I hear ya brother. I want to make playoffs too. I don’t get people who say we don’t deserve if or we will lose first round. If we get in we deserve it. I want to get in playoffs but this was big hit.

So they murder you with that right side run game and then you start playing your corners with more eyes into the backfield and off to see the action and commit to the run and then they run those easy boots off it for easy yards vs off or for nosy defenders hell bent on stopping the run with a tight end that in fant is an athletic mismatch speed option across the field with trail safety defenders.

that and the poa run game beat you today. Your corner play was fine frankly.

your poa play your Mike lb play with no range as a result of no instincts and your lack of counter til it was too late vs all that right side run poa play killed you combined with your oline hopping out the damn trash can.

loss

cant forget that head official sticking it in your rear with his critical calls either.
Do you think the Broncos were a bad matchup for us? I was concerned cause they have quality in secondary and we don’t have weapons so I figured it would be sticky coverage and make tua hold ball.

also what calls did you did you think were critical and questionable? I saw a few too I questioned.

Lots of problems with benching TUA. By benching the following things are considered.
1. Flores made TUA the fall guy for the loss. How many times do u here we win or lose as a team
2. Does not show confidence in TUA running 2 minute offense. Is fitz going to run 2 min offense from here on out?
3 let TUA win or lose until the end. Burrow and Hebert both have losing records as starters yet neither close to getting benched
4. By not believing in your starter are we headed towards another minkah Fitzpatrick alienation with TUA. If the trust is not there why start him to begin with. a TUA will always say the right things. However. TUA is not happy with benching and neither are all the phone fans that want TUA to succeed
5. If Fitz would have won that game everyone would be happy except TUA.
6. Either TUA is ready or not? Which is it? Looks like coach prefers fitz. If u bench TUA a second time for performance then Pittsburgh May start calling for a trade. Minkah and TUA. Too Alabama alums.

Back
Top Bottom