Positives from tonight’s game!!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from tonight’s game!!!

I don't know what he'll end up being long term, but I could tell he came to play football last night when he wouldn't put his mouthpiece in his mouth - just had it hanging out of his mouth chewing on it every snap. He meant business last night.
I also loved the play early in the game when Gaskins busted that one run and Flowers went over to high five him and seemed excited for him

:lol: Right. Dude is being doubled routinely. I guess that's his role?

Is he nimble enough to run any games on the inside?

He did seem more "active" last night and played with a tad more awareness...

Seems he has the attention of the OL -- avoiding one-on-one against him.

There’s a difference between being doubled because the oline is worried about you wrecking plays in the backfield - and being lined up in a technique so you can draw the double. Miami wants him drawing the double team. They’re going to scheme it that way, not the opposite.

When the oline starts trying to wrong step you - or trap you - that’s when you know they’re worried about blocking you.

I like Austin Jackson alot he's been great so far

When we got him, I actually was not that disappointed that we missed out on the other Tackles.

Common sense and a bit of actually paying attention showed there were a lot of things to likenin him...

-Huge size, with still a bit more room to add more.

- Extremely young still, so he can easily be molded into something even better.

-The player we saw last year, was not the player he would benin the NFL, considering he gave bone marrow to his sister...Yet he still did well enough to be one of the top linemen in this past draft.

-With his great size, and not being close to 100% thanks to the bone marrow, he was still one of the most athletic tackles coming out this year.

Austin Jackson will get bigger, stronger, and even more refined, and then see if getting him at 18 was an overreach.

Trading Tunsil for a kings ransom only to draft a better LT the following year with the 18th pick is the best thing Grier has ever done. He doesn’t have much to write home about as a GM, but that is one!
His past was iffy but early returns suggest he just might have --killed-- this draft

His past was iffy but early returns suggest he just might have --killed-- this draft

Early returns are very surprising. It all rests on Tua. If he is what we all think he is, partnered with the other rookies, this may he a top draft class ever.

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom