Possible 2023 Back up Quarterback | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible 2023 Back up Quarterback

Since when is Baker a lower tier starter? he's horrible and not to mention a loud mouth. We would be his 4th team in 2 years, we might as well bring back Rosen loool. Who wants a bad player with an even worse mindset to be on the team.

He's won 3 out of his last 14 games. In 2021 he a completely loaded browns team and went 6-8. and I wont even get into the TD-TO ratios.

I rather have Huntley and that's not to say much about Huntley, its to say how horrible Mayweather would be.

You do understand what types of quarterbacks are backups, right? In terms of quarterbacks, lower tier staring QBs = upper tier backup QBs.

I mean I get your point but let’s say

We start the season like 3-0 with Tua

He gets some injury and misses 3-4 weeks, or over the season . And then we have Tua finish out the season healthy and into the playoffs because the backup was able to win those games early on …. That’s not what you’d want?
Yes but not with Jimmy G, if you can get me a Qb for 3-5 mill perhaps but nothing over that imo..

I’m fine with Skylar after another year really

Yes but not with Jimmy G, if you can get me a Qb for 3-5 mill perhaps but nothing over that imo..

I’d wanna stay in that ~5 mil range myself too

A lot of these guys we are wanting are probably getting paid decently, but who knows…

I do wanna draft someone else too tho

I'm not too high on Darnold, due to his lack of production in NY.
To be fair, he did have to suffer Todd Bowles final season and the Adam Gase fiasco. There’s worse backup quarterbacks to have.

I wouldn't be surprised if Skylar in his second season is ready to provide Jimmy G level play.

Jimmy G will be looking to sign with a team as QB1. IMO his destination will not be in the 305

Personally as we all know we have a starting QB that is injury prone.

Tua's a great QB but he is prone to concussions, which is more serious than "injury prone". So, I believe he should have retired following the Cincinnati game.
I saw enough of Skylar Thompson's to believe that he is worthy of a shot at starting QB for the 2023 Dolphins.
In addition, I would like to see Miami use one of their later round draft picks on a QB and develop that guy as a backup and possible future starter.

Back
Top Bottom