Possible Bush to Lions?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible Bush to Lions??

phinasota

Bleed Aqua
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Reggie Bush to Lions a possibility
Last week the Dolphins reached out to Reggie Bush about contract talks for the first time -- including the 2012 season -- but while both parties were talking, they both might have been glancing at other possibilities as well.
You know the Dolphins have options what with free agency, the draft, and, of course, the fact Lamar Miller, Daniel Thomas, Marcus Thigpen and Jonas Gray are still on the team. And Miller is a favorite of the personnel department.
But Bush apparently has options as well.
According to the Detroit Free Press, the Lions have interest in Bush as a potential free agent and that interest is "real."

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...ush-to-lions-a-possibility.html#storylink=cpy

Not that i'd be heartbroken about it, I just honestly dont think we should let him go...

i think bush will cost to much for det. they need to lower staffords cap number in order to be in bush's price range i believe

He will go to the Lions or the Chargers.

He will fit nicely with Det and I think we will be just fine without him.

Guys face it, Miller was drafted to replace Bush. They both play the same role for our offense. Only need 1.

I don't know about Reggie to the Lions. Leshoure is a nice back and if they can afford to bring Reggie in as a compliment, maybe.

He will fit nicely with Det and I think we will be just fine without him.

Guys face it, Miller was drafted to replace Bush. They both play the same role for our offense. Only need 1.

Bingo Chubbs!! And Bush is feast or famine behind the line of scrimmage - I like Miller-> but I can't wait to see J Grey

Cap issues or not, the Bush to Detroit reasoning makes a lot of sense to me. Bush is a cutback runner and a danergous pass catcher (despite not being incorporated that way by us last year). On turf with defenses dead-scared of Calvin Johnson Bush would have a lot of room to run and never face a stacked box. He is better and more durable than all the flash-in-the-pans they've had there. And lets face it, Bush is cheap when you consider that Detroit has paid lots of top backs that always get hurt, so they are very sick of paying for a good RB and not having one. I think they're ready to do it right and get one top back like Bush. I suspect the cap is massaged to find room to pay Bush, because he would be superb in that offense.

I can see Bush not preferring it though. He's a Southern Cal guy and playing in the cold and glitterless Detroit might not appeal to him. He's also health-concious and might not want the extra wear on his body that playing in a dome exacts on someone. San Diego makes a lot of sense because he'd love playing there in the warm SoCal weather, near home, and on grass. But, I think money talks, and I'm not sure whether San Diego will want Bush as much as Detroit will.

He could kick ass again on synthetic turf so watch out NFC North if he gets there. Him, Calvin Johnson, and Matt Stafford are a good combo.

It's not the field loss that I would be most upset about, but his "leadership" role in that locker room. From what everyone says, he is a leader. Teams need that, this team with a young QB needs that in my opinion.

He's probably going to Oakland. Look who else was hired over there on the coaching staff...

Lamar Miller is going to be better than Reggie for us, he will be more consistant. We needed reggie to show some of these guys how much extra work you need to put in after hours, how hard you need to go in practice and film, how you need to compose yourself to represent this organization. They have seen it. Now its time for our young players to take over. We don't want a locker room of men that will fall apart if they lose their leader ( or one of them ) we need a group of men that can be next one up. that's how football goes on and off the field. next man up. if you cant do that you cant win. Reggie thank you for your time and exciting game. we appreciate what you've brought to our team and the direction were headed in which you have contributed to. good luck in Detroit, keep getting better!

Lamar Miller is going to be better than Reggie for us, he will be more consistant. We needed reggie to show some of these guys how much extra work you need to put in after hours, how hard you need to go in practice and film, how you need to compose yourself to represent this organization. They have seen it. Now its time for our young players to take over. We don't want a locker room of men that will fall apart if they lose their leader ( or one of them ) we need a group of men that can be next one up. that's how football goes on and off the field. next man up. if you cant do that you cant win. Reggie thank you for your time and exciting game. we appreciate what you've brought to our team and the direction were headed in which you have contributed to. good luck in Detroit, keep getting better!

I think as highly about Lamar Miller as much as the next guy but you can't say that just yet from Miller's limited playing time... especially when he was so injury prone at "the U." At the very least if Reggie Bush does leave we MUST either sign another RB or draft one in case Miller goes down. Daniel Thomas is hot garbage.

Back
Top Bottom