Possible division realignment | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible division realignment

What does the league call itself if teams move … IFL? (International Football League) … I'm kinda thinking this is Americas game but we will "lend" them a little here and there … I know it's all about money but as a fan I wouldn't be cool with it … not that any of us would be given a vote lol

This could be the comedy thread of the year. No team will move to London. Can you imagine 3 divisional teams having to travel to London 3 times a year with the London team having a big advantage? This is just crazy ass talk.

It probably will be crowds for the newness but like always if you cannot field a competitive team the fans will stay home in the long run.

In regards to Europe: if the NFL hopes for continental support for a franchise in England they may have missed the boat. If Brexit goes into effect travel will be much harder from and to the UK. No more EU line it will be immigration.
C'mon dude, I come on here to get away from Brexit talk :chuckle: :chuckle:

Honestly, these divisions were geographical initially, now they're political. The money divisions are the NFC East and the AFC East, and I don't see those getting broken up. Miami wants to be in the AFC East because being in the New York and Boston markets makes the franchise tremendously more valuable than the AFC South, which is the least valuable set of markets in the AFC. The AFC North has a group of like-minded team playing hard-nosed, cold-weather football, and none of those teams wants Miami, nor would it make any sense. Similarly, the fallout of moving the Dolphins into the AFC West makes absolutely no sense at all. So I can't see the Dolphins moving out of the AFC East. With the Super Bowl being held more frequently in Miami than anywhere else, and with all of the athletes wanting to live in the Miami area, I can't see the AFC East anchors (New York Jets and New England Patriots) supporting swapping any other team in for Miami. Now, Buffalo, they're lucky to be in the AFC East, and I could see them getting bounced to the North or the NFC far more easily.

The NFC East is the premier market set in the NFL. New York, Dallas (media darlings and a huge following both domestically and internationally), Washington (rabid fans in a major market) and Philadelphia (strong fan base in a major market) all with geographic ties, strong city rivalries across all sports, and very entrenched NFL rivalries. No stadium is more continually sold out than the Washington stadium. No stadium is fancier than the Philadelphia stadium. Power brokers in all 4 franchises, with Jones and Mara being among the most influential people in the NFL (probably only along with Kraft and Rooney at the very top). So, nobody is breaking up the NFC East. Any London team would either bounce the Bills out of the AFC East, or play in play in a division besides the East.

Am I worried that the Dolphins might move to London? Yeah, a little bit I am worried about that, despite it being a very remote possibility. Am I worried that a potential Chargers team in London would push the Dolphins out of the AFC East? Nope, not one bit, because I just can't see it happening.

Because we used to have the "Central" divisions that now have been realigned into a North and South, there's more fluidity for those two divisions. The West has always had too much geographic distance to traverse, so those divisions have always been more geographically oriented, and thus demand some fluidity. But, bear in mind, that if there ever becomes a London franchise, the NFL will move mountains to get it a European rival, whether that's Berlin, somewhere else in England, or possibly even a second London team. So, whatever divisional alignment is reached, you'd better make room for 2 European teams, because a European rival shortly follows establishing a London team.

Moving the Chargers to London is one of the dumbest ideas the NFL has had in a long time. Greed mainly. If you want to move a football team move the Bills to Toronto and move the Chargers to Mexico City.

Canadian Bills Stamped and the Mexican Drug Chargers.
Agreed. I honest-to-god can not fathom why the NFL is obsessed with moving a team to London. It’s a logistical nightmare and it will kill the novelty of American football in the UK. As a once-in-a-while event NFL football in London is profitable. As a full time contender to soccer it will lose sales and eventually fold. It’s a stupid idea in every aspect and should not be pursued, especially when there are international markets closer to home that would probably fare better for an NFL franchise.

This is pure and otter non-sense. It will never happen. Plus, ***head Kraft would never send his team the ***triots to London. This is a ****ing rumor nothing more nothing less. Idiotic and ***ing Stupid and whoever wrote this gibberish should be shot to death for even considering. The NFL has turned into a **** mockery. It is so hard to be a fan of the National Football League even though our Dolphins are in the NFL and we have no choice. But, I feel they need better leadership an Goodell sucks as a Commissioner. Don't get me wrong, I love the International game series but, permanent that's not going to fly. The NHL has International games too. But, they would never consider anything remotely to this false rumor.

Spanos was quoted in the article as saying the team is “fully committed and focused” on Los Angeles. Tuesday’s response was a bit stronger as he called the notion of a move “a lot of crap.”

“We’re not going to London. We’re not going anywhere. We plan to be in LA for a long f–king time. That was bulls–t, that story,” Spanos said, via Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times.

The team’s Twitter account underlined that message by playing a clip of Leonardo DiCaprio’s “I’m not leaving” speech from The Wolf of Wall Street, although they muted the profanity from the movie in a way that Spanos didn’t bother doing while shooting down the idea.

Just forget divisions. You play everyone in your conference once. Then one game vs. the other conference that finished in the same place as you. Top eight teams in the conference make the playoffs. No byes

But how do you REALLY feel about it, Spanos?
"It's total f---ing bulls---," Spanos said. "We're not going to London. We're not going anywhere. We're playing in Los Angeles. This is our home, and this is where we are planning to be for a long f---ing time. Period."

Lock this thread, forget it.

Whens the last time you were in London? He He
How about the Union Jacks
or the London Fog ( or mist)
or the London Bangers ( I think that's what they call sausage)
or the London Mac's (Mackintosh's were waterproof jackets long before apple came along)
or the London Red's (for the thin red line)
or the London Spitfires
or the London Haberdashers
or the London Bumbershoots
or the London Aires
or the London Islanders
or the London Cricketers
or the London Sophisticates
or the London Elites
or the London Chinless Wonders
or the London Celts
or the London Knights
or the London Brits